30

I open my eyes. Instantly im met with a canvas if tattoos that belonged to Vlad.

He was up, reading a book.

I sit up a bit and look around, confused.

Wasn't I just somewhere else?

"What's wrong?"Vlad asks, making me look up at him.

"I..I think I had a bad dream.."I say softly.

He raises his arm and I smile a bit as my cheeks grow warm.

I crawl over and lay my head on his chest, allowing him to wrap his arm around me.

I look around the bedroom as I listen to his breath.

"I feel weird."I say softly.

"Weird? How?"Vlad asks.

I shrug.

"I don't know."I say, making him chuckle.

...

Jord walks into Vlads house. His hands were bloody, and he disregarded taking his moody boots off at the door.

He makes a sharp turn into the kitchen and goes to the fridge, ripping it open.

He sees the only human food in the house and instantly goes for it.

Cold pizza, ham, salmon, pasta, he didn't care.

He shovels it into his mouth without hesitation.

But suddenly he stops and wretches. He hunches over and instantly vomits all of the food he had consumed. And continued to vomit until his stomach was empty.

Jord wipes his face with a shaking hand, looking down confused at the vomit.

Then he stands, tearing open the drawers till he finds a big, silver spatula.

He looks into the shiny metal. And sees nothing.

He instantly drops the spatula and backs away, his hands coming to his face.

A vampire? A vampire?

... 

Vlad sits neck deep in a large bathtub. The bathtub was red, stained with the gallons of blood Vlad used as bath water.

He breathes shallowly, his eyes closed. But he hears heavy footsteps approaching and his eyes open.

He looks towards the door as it opens, and Jord enters the room.

Vlad rolls his eyes, sitting back in the tub and relaxing.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be feasting on that pest, Edwin?"he asks, his eyes closing.

Jord takes a few moments to respond.

"....why didn't you kill me?"

Instantly Vlads eyes open and he sits up again as Jord shuffles into the room, his mouth and throat coated in blood.

Vlad chuckles a bit as he leans against the side of the tub.

"I knew you'd try to jump into Jord. How does it feel to be a monster, Edwin?"

Jord's lips quiver but his eyes were angry.

"I am not the monster here, Vlad. Monsters...eat.. humans.."

Vlads eyes widen and Jord smirks.

"What've you done?"Vlad asks angrily as he stands out of the tub.

Jord doesn't speak, instead he shuffles out of the room, with a menacing chuckle.

....

Jord had vanished. And was no where to be found.

Vlad walks around the piles of dead vampires in his basement, where most of his new recruits worked and slept.

He shakes his head in disappointment as he kneels next to one of the bodies, a young boy Vlad had intended to take under his wing.

"Unacceptable."Vlad says softly, using his fingers to close the boys eyelids.

Then he stands.

....

I look up from my book as I see Vlad enter the room.

"We need to leave."he says.

"What? Why?"I ask, sitting up.

"..we have a pest problem."