Fourteen

I wake up, my eyes parting to see the empty side of bed that was Vlad's.

I huff, sitting up as the door opens.

Evan comes in, his head down still as he walks towards me with a tray.

He presents piping cup of tea on the tray, still looking down.

"Thank you Evan."I say softly, taking the cup and plate.

He doesn't respond, but I see emotion on his face.

"...i-it's just how you like it.."he says softly before begining to walk away.

"Evan, wait."I say.

He stops, facing away from me.

"I-is Estella okay?"I ask.

He doesn't respond for a while.

"She's okay. Still in the hospital."he says.

"Is she awake?"I ask, sitting up more.

"Sometimes. She's really drugged up, you know."he says.

"Oh. Okay. Do-"I was cut off by him quickly walking out of the room.

I pout a bit as he leaves and I look down at my cup of tea.

.....

Evan walks out of the room, his eyes down.

Shiloh smirks as she sees him walking past.

As they pass each other, she sticks her hand out, swiping her long nails across his stomach and cutting him.

He yelps and the falls to the ground, his hands coming to his bleeding stomach.

"Oops. Forgot young vampires can still feel pain."Shiloh shrugs as she walks away, chuckling.

Evan holds his breath, trying not to whimper from the pain. He looks up, seeing Jord looking down the hall.

"I thought I smelt newb."he says, walking over to Evan.

He eyes the claw marks oozing on his stomach, knowing Shiloh had been.

He huffs, grabbing Evan by his shirt and pulling him to his feet.

"There's some blood in the fridge. Go heal yourself."he demands before walking towards Melanie's room.

Evan groans, limping towards the kitchen.

....

I look up as I hear the door open. I see Jord in a pair of pajama pants and nothing more.

"Vlad had to step out."Jord says.

I heard him but it didn't register in my brain. I was..sort of distracted.

sort of distracted