35

I grunt, trying to keep up with Evan as he quickly walks me towards Vlad's large mansion.

"I can't believe you killed him. He was the only vampire who was nice to you and you killed him!"I whine.

"I know, Melanie. I had to."he says angrily as he pulls me into the house.

I whimper as he drags me towards the parlor, where I could hear Vlad.

He shoves me into the room and slams the door before I could run out.

I turn back, seeing Vlad standing by the fireplace.

"Vlad. I don't want to be here. You said I could leave if I wanted."I say, my voice shaking.

He stands straight, looking up at me.

"...I changed my mind."he shrugs.

"Rosalie was right about you. You're a liar."I say, my lips quivering again.

He sighs.

"Rosalie isn't here anymore. I can't have her. She doesn't want me."Vlad says, walking over to me slowly.

"...but my love for her is undying. Literally. So...I need you to stay with me."he says.

"I. Don't. Want. To stay."I say sternly.

He shakes his head.

"Fortunately you don't have a choice."

He suddenly grabs me and I gasp as he pulls me close.

"Listen to my story."he demands.

"No. NO!"I shout, remembering what Jord had said as I try to pull away from him.

"In moonlit nights, where magic thrives,
A tale of love, where passion thrives,
Whispers of a hidden art, untold,
A love spell cast, as desires unfold."his eyes begin to glow red and I whimper, trying to look away.

"With ancient words and mystic charms,
Beneath the gleam of shimmering stars,
A sorcerer weaves a spell so fine,
Binding hearts with an enchanted twine."his words become echoey, and smooth as I feel myself starting to give in, intrigued by his strange poem.

"His cauldron bubbles, the smoke swirls high,
His spellbook open, as he heaves a sigh,
A potion brewed with petals rare,
Infused with wishes, hopes, and care."

"Bathed in moonlight's silver hue,
The lovers' fate she begins to woo,
She sprinkles stardust, a dazzling affair,
Igniting flames of an affair so rare."My knees become weak and I feel myself succumbing to his compulsion as my eyes become heavy, only focused on his words.

.....

Vlad raises his hand as he speaks, gently gripping the back of Melanie's neck as she drunkenly look into his glowing red eyes.

"By whispering secrets of love's sweet plight,
She sets their spirits, wild and alight,
Eyes meet eyes, igniting with sparks,
As the love spell works its magic, embarks."he says softly as he slowly leans her head to the side.

"Their hearts entwined, like rivers embrace,
Bound by love's spell, in eternal grace,
In every touch, a pulse of enchantment,
A love so true, it defies detachment."

He leans down, his animal like fangs appearing as he grips her arm tightly.

He sinks his teeth into the neck and she gasps, her eyes slowly turning red as Vlad secretes his venom into her blood.

The bite stings, and Melanie places a firm hand against his chest, but fails to push him away as she no longer felt the need to.

Vlad pulls away from her and then kisses her lips once as the bite on her neck begins to throb and ooze blood.

"You'll wake up soon, my love."he says, swiping his thumb against her lips and smearing her blood against them.

Then, with a quick motion, he snaps her neck.

She instantly drops to the ground like a rag doll, and Vlad immediately begins to tear up as he steps over her body, walking over to the table where two wine glasses sat.

He picks up a bottle of freshly harvested blood and begins to fill both glasses before turning to face Melanie's motionless body.

He sighs, picking up one of the glasses and takes a sip.