21

Vlad huffs, nervous as Melanie slides the robe off her shoulders, bearing her throat.

"You've never fed off any other doppelgangers?"she asks as he steps closer, his hands coming to her shoulders gently.

"No. The only reason I would intentionally bite you would be to protect you."he says as he turns her around.

"Other than now?"she questions with a small smile.

He smiles as well.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Melanie?"

Melanie was hesitant.

But she reaches back, her hand coming to the back of his head and looking up at him.

"Kiss me."she says softly.

He leans down, pressing his lips against hers. They begin kissing passionately, Vlad cupping her cheek as they do.

The kiss breaks, and he kisses her jaw and neck. She moans softly, and blinks a single fear-filled tear from her eye.

"D-do it now."she whispers.

Vlad kisses her neck once more before his animal like fangs emerge and he sinks them into her throat.

She cries out, her hand gripping his hair tightly as she feels blood spilling down her neck.

Her hands shakes as Vlad holds her tightly, taking large gulps of her blood as it floods into his mouth.

Melanie whimpers, tears dripping from her eyes as she begins to feel faint.

"V-vlad.."she whimpers, trying to pull away from him.

He lets out an animalistic growl, holding her in place and sinking his teeth deeper into her neck.

She whines out, feeling weak.

Suddenly the door opens, Jord quickly walking into the room.

He grabs Vlad, ripping him away from Melanie, throwing him to the ground. Melanie falls to the ground as well, the wound on her neck still gushing onto the floor.

Vlad quickly gets to his feet, his eyes red, and hungry as he licks the blood from his lips.

"Snap out of it Vlad!"Jord says, grabbing Melanie and dragging her towards the door.

"Her blood is like liquid euphoria."Vlad says, his voice raspy.

"You're going to kill her if you keep drinking! Think about Melanie!"Jord says, guardian her as Vlad creeps closer.

"MOVE!"Vlad demands.

"Look at Rosalie's face!"Jord demands, displaying Melanie's pale face.

Vlad freezes, looking at her.

His eyes slowly fade from red and he takes a deep breath.

"Heal her! Quickly!"Jord demands.

Vlad kneels down, quickly, his hand waving over her wound. It quickly heals, scarring over.

Melanie takes a shallow breath, and both men sigh in relief.

"She'll never forgive me."Vlad says softly.

Jord huffs, attempting to wipe her blood from his hands but Vlad stops him.

"Try."Vlad says.

Jord brings a finger to his mouth, tasting her blood.

Instantly his eyes fade to orange and he falls back.

"Oh wow. "Jord says, his fingers coming back to his mouth.

"Then I'm not crazy."Vlad says, his hand coming to her forehead.

"What are you doing?"Jord asks.

"... improvising."

.. .. ...

My eyes open and I look around.

I see myself in bed and I sit up, looking over and seeing Vlad sitting up, reading.

My hands come to my neck, feeling a soft scar where he had bitten.

"You fainted."Vlad says.

"..d-did you drink enough?"I ask, making him chuckle.

"Yes. But I won't be doing it again."

"Why?"I ask.

"Because, you fainted."he says, looking at me.

"Oh."I say softly.

....

A woman walks down the hall towards an office door at the end. She enters the room, seeing an older man speaking to a group of young adults.

Once the man sees her, he excuse himself, making his way to her.

"What's the word?"the man asks.

The woman swallows down hard and looks up at him.

"..E-Estella is...dead. And, Evan is..um.. w-well, we don't really know."she says.

The man huffs.

"And what of the doppelganger?"

"Um. Sh-she's gone as well."

He groans.

"He's gotten her. Send in Joe. Find the vermin."he says to her before walking back towards the group.

....

MELANIE