Fifteen

"Do you use the bathroom?"I ask.

"Obviously, we're not savages."Jord says.

I chuckle.

"What happens if you eat human food?"I ask, picking up an apple.

He takes it from my hand.

"Watch."he says.

He opens his mouth as if he were going to bite it.

As the apple comes closer to him teeth, his animal like fangs retract and I jump.

"What the hell is that?"I question.

"I've no idea honestly."he says with an attractive smile, tossing me the apple.

I chuckle as I catch it, my cheeks warm.

"Could you survive off of animal blood?"I ask, making him look down at me.

"I wouldn't know."

"Oh.."I say softly.

The thought of how many people he's killed over a span of 100 years made my gut wrench.

I could tell he noticed.

"There are a lot of sacrifices you have to make. A lot of morals you have to break. Vampirism isn't just... eternal youth, and beauty. And power. It's why Rosalie wouldn't allow Vlad to change her."Jord says.

"Because she was so..-"

"Full of life." We say at the same time.

We both look at each other and theres a brief silence.

Suddenly I see his face turn red, and he clears his throat before looking away.

"What is it?"I ask.

His eyes flash to an orange color briefly and he looks around.

"Vlad is here."he says, looking down.

He looks up at the monitor, seeing a car pulling into the long driveway.

"Oh, okay."I smile, looking down.

He looks over at me and chuckles.

"It was a pleasure to have spent the morning with you."he smiles before leaving the kitchen.

"You too."I say softly.

I smile as I walk towards the sink.

"Good morning my love."

I jump, turning around.

"Oh, hello Vlad."I smile, my cheeks turning pink as I see him.

"Did you have a nice morning?"he asks, walking over to me.

....

"Yes, I had the most beautiful breakfast."Melanie smiles.

"I'm glad to hear."he says, one hand wrapping around her waist and the other taking her hand, bringing it to his lips and kissing the back of it, making her blush.

They begin to sway softly, and she chuckles.

"What do you want to do today floarea mea"he asks softly as Shiloh enters the kitchen.

Upon seeing the scene she rolls her eyes.

"Are there options?"Melanie asks, making him smile.

"Some."he smiles, making her chuckle as he kisses her lips.

Shiloh clears her throat, and Vlad's eyes open, looking at Shiloh as he kisses Melanie.

The kiss breaks and Melanie blushes.

"What?"he says, huffing.

"Your "new recruit" is discovering his new power."Shiloh says.

This makes Vlad's eyebrows raise and a shocked smile breaks his face.

"Ah. Well that was fast. Excuse me a moment, my dear."Vlad says softly, smiling an attractive smile at her before walking away.

He walks past Shiloh and her eyes follow him till he was out of site.

Then she looks over at Melanie.

"Say, Melanie."Shiloh says mockingly, pulling out her nail file.

"Hm?"she says, turning around.

"I'm shocked you're still here. Hell, if I knew what happened to all the other doppelgangers, I'd leave straight away."she says smugly, filing her nails as she walks out of the kitchen, leaving Melanie extremely confused.

She looks down at her hands as she turns back to the counter, a taunting question bouncing around in her head.

What happened to the other doppelgangers?

....

Vlad smiles as he walks towards a room where he hears numerous cries from inside. Jord stood outside of the room.

"What's the word?"Vlad asks.

"His eyes."Jord says, opening the door.

Vlad walks into the room slowly, seeing Evan sobbing in a ball on the ground, blood coming from his clenched together eyes.

Vlad kneels down.

"What is your problem child?"Vlad asks, softly touching Evans back.

"My eyes! My eyes I can see everything! It burns!"Evan sobs.

"You poor creature. Let me see."

Evan sobs as he tries to sit up, opening his bloody eyes.

Vlad looks into his eyes and smiles.

"You have the gift of sight. How very useful."Vlad says, his eyes glowing red.

"I can ease your pain child. But first, you must acknowledge me as your master."Vlad says, smirking.

Being the Van Helsing spawn he is, hearing Vlad say that made him want to vomit.

Evan pulls his face from Vlad's grip and whimpers, I looking down at the ground and making Vlad chuckle.

"Or I could let you sit here till the process is complete. "Vlad says.

"Could take days. Mine did. It was hell on earth."Jord says, stepping closer.

"You're in so much pain, child. Let me help you."Vlad smiles.

Evan shakes his head, whimpering.

"Never."he mutters.

Vlad chuckles as he stands.

"Evan, when this process is complete I'll be your master either way."Vlad says.

Evan shakes his head again, sobbing in pain.

Vlad smiles, his eyes glowing red as he looks at Evan.

Suddenly Evan screams, falling over and covering his eyes.

"It hurts!"Evan sobs.

"I know."Vlad says as his screaming becomes more intense.

"Claim me as your master and I'll stop."Vlad says over Evans screaming.

"Make it stop!"Evan shrieks.

"You make it stop!"Vlad demands.

Evan screeches in pain, his will slowly slipping as more blood gushes from his eyes.

He couldn't think of anything, he simply wanted the pain to end.

"Please! Please master make it stop!"Evan sobs.

Vlad smirks, his eyes relaxing to their normal color, and Evans sobbing subsides.

He feels the bliss of the pain retreating, and the blood in the whites of his eyes fades away.

He then takes a deep breath, feeling a new sensation.

"How do you feel, Evan?"Vlad asks.

He doesn't respond for a bit, but then a small smile breaks his face.

"Alive. I feel alive.