4

hushed whispers were heard as eddie walked the school halls. he was never one to shy away from all the stares. personally, he liked the attention sometimes. but this time something was different. somehow people were looking at him with a different type of disgust.

he hung his head, occasionally stealing a glance at the people walking around, looking at him. he stopped by his locker trying to get his books out when someone next to him whispered a little to loud "did you hear? they say he likes guys.." "oh my god, that's disgusting."

eddies head shot up. he stared at the two girls who looked at him with repulsed faces. he felt his body go cold, his hands started to tremble. his eyes now of pure horror, he looked around, everybody was either snickering or shooting him glares that at the moment, felt like could kill.

and then came the worst.

"look at that little bitch!" it was tommy h. of course it was tommy h.

"i knew you were always a freak but i didn't know you were a queer one." he laughed maniacally. eddie noticed how tommy wanted to push him into the lockers but never actually did it.

"ah it wouldn't be smart to do that, you'd probably like it wouldn't you." so he instead opted to punch him straight in his face.

eddies head slammed into the lockers as he groaned loudly, touching his nose, feeling a trickle of blood coming out. he momentarily glanced at tommy seeing his brows furrowed together as he swung his arm back and slamed it into eddies face yet again.

eddie cried out, sliding down the lockers in agony. he was sure tommy broke his nose, it hurt so much.

and when he thought tommy's gonna blow him another punch or this time maybe a kick, the boy just spat on him as he said "freaks like you belong in hell." his friends all laughed and walked off.

eddie sighed as he sat there, on the ground. he wiped his nose with the sleeve of his sweater as tears started to form in his eyes. he slowly got up and picked up his backpack that fell of his shoulder when he heard someone yelling "let me through, let me through!"

steve was pushing his way through the crowd that gathered around to watch the commotion. as he managed to squeeze into the center eddie was staring back at him with the saddest eyes that were somehow also swimming with immense rage.

seeing the state eddie was in, steve rushed forward and gently grabbed eddies face, inspecting it. "oh my god eddie, are you okay? who did this to you?" steves face was of pure concern as he tried to catch eddies eyes. but the boy just swated his hands away and pushed him back.

the boy stumbled back before looking at eddie, scared. "you did! you did this to me!" eddie stepped towards steve pushing him back again. the crowd around them moved out of the way, nobody wanting to have any punches that might get thrown around landing on them.

"you did this! you told them!" eddie was crying at this point. he didn't care that people were watching. he was so incredibly hurt.

before eddie could push steve again the other straightened up and caught eddies hands in his own, not grabbing to harshly but making sure eddie couldn't push him again. "eddie what are you taking about? i didn't tell anyone-" "LIAR!" eddie retrieved his hands and before steve had a chance to gain his composure, eddie swung and punched steve right in his pretty face.

god, eddie wasn't really sure why he did it but he felt so angry, hurt, sad, he felt the whole dictionary of bad words in that moment and thought that punching steve might make things better. and it did, but only for a fraction.