9

"alright children" steve announced when the sun started to set down. "now why don't we go inside and you can pick a movie and finish the pizza so you won't say i starved you."

all of them cheered, most likely starting to get tired from the water. so all of them left the pool and dried off in steves many bathrooms before coming into the living room and sitting infront of steves tv, flipping through his movies.

steve dragged eddie into the kitchen to help him get some snacks and to grab another beer for them. they already had a couple at the pool and steve already decided that eddie (and apparently everyone else) will be staying over.

"robin and vickie are really nice" eddie started the conversation as they leaned on the kitchen isle opposite each other waiting for the popcorn to be done. steve nodded, smiling "yeah, they're great. though, robin can be a little shit sometimes." eddie giggled nodding "yeah, that i got."

and as silence fell over them the only thing that was heard was the sound of the microwave and the popcorn popping. they both looked somewhere behind the other, lost in space.

eddie felt thirsty so he turned around to grab a glass from the cupboard, his shirt rising as he lifted his arm up. he poured himself some water and as he turned around he saw a very flustered steve. "yo stevie, you okay? you look like you saw a ghost" robin appeared in the kitchen and looked at steve with a questioning expression.

steve shook his head to dismiss his thoughts and nodded to robin "yeah i'm good, just got lost for a second." robin looked at him sideways "where, in eddies ass?" holy shit, this girl has no filter. "robin!" eddie awkwardly giggled at robin as he got red in the face. he was expecting steve to say no or defending himself but he just glared at her. was he really looking at his ass? i mean, he knew it was nice but really, steve?

"....okayyy, why don't we all go to the living room, the kids are waiting" vickie suggested as the microwave beeped. they all nodded and eddie and steve took the popcorn, pouring two bags in bowls, their biceps brushing against eachother as they did so. a small blush crept on eddies face when steve didn't move away.

what was with steve today that he wasn't moving at semi intimate situations. did he get used to it, does he not realize how these might seem? eddie wasn't sure but he can't complain, he liked the closeness.

as they walked to the living room they found only two places on the couch empty, robin and vickie cuddling on the other end and the kids sprawled on the blankets steve brought for them. eddie handed one bowl of popcorn to the kids and steve held the other one out to robin and vickie who gladly took some.

the movie was starting already so steve and eddie sat on the couch next to eachother. it was a little tight but it seemed like neither of them minded the closeness.

as the movie went on steve kept moving around, squirming like a worm. "you okay?" eddie whispered to him. steve shook his head "no, i think my arm is asleep" so he pulled the arm that was next to eddies and slung it over the back rest, the hand now directly behind eddie.

and the boy tried not to show how giddy he became in that moment but the fact that he was now almost tucked into steves side made him want to explode. eddie tried not to move as to not make anything awkward so he just sat there, stiff like a brick.

seeing that steve seemed to be focused on the movie he relaxed against the back rest, the back of his head touching steves arm. curious what so little touch did to eddie. his brain went numb as he just stared at the tv in front of him. he felt every movement, every twitch of steves body.

he couldn't pinpoint why this would be any different than the hugs steve gave him, the hugs that engulfed him whole. but this somehow felt more sweet, more intimate... just more.