13

steve and vickie dropped the kids off at the wheelers, stepping out the cars for a second to make sure they got in. "oh steve, hello!" mrs. wheeler came out the house and waved at him "thank you so much for bringing the kids back!" steve smiled sweetly "yeah no problem."

behind mrs. wheeler showed a curly haired girl looking at him with sad eyes "hi steve." steves smile dropped as he looked at her "hi nance." he started to get into the car after he said his goodbyes.

"what happened between you two?" eddie asked when steve sat in the car. he just gripped the wheel as he drove out of the driveway "ah, it's complicated." "i'm sure i can keep up" eddie gave steve a reassuring smile. (A/N: where are all my twilight fans at)

he sighed, tapping the wheel a few times before deciding to tell eddie "well umm, we used to date, while us two were on our little... break" he snorted at the way he phrased it. "well let's just say that even tho i still love her, her cheating on me with jonathan really ruined our relationship."

"she cheated on you?" eddie was honestly surprised. he didn't take nancy for a cheater type, she didn't look like it. "damn, she seemed really nice" he said as he looked at the road. "no no, i mean, she is. i was honestly a shitty boyfriend. and they're way better off together. it just sucked how it happened" steve forced a small smile as he drove.

"still, it's no excuse" eddie noticed steve patting his own thigh so he grabbed his hand in reassurance. "yeah, it's not." it seemed that steve was aware of everything but most likely didn't know how to sort his feelings. he was a very loving person, very easily forgave people.

"you said you still... love her?" eddie was careful how he said his words. he thought about if steve could go back with nancy, would he? "i mean, it's not like "i'm in love with her" love it's just  we're doing okay i guess but i breaking up like that made something mix in my brain. i still care for her if i can put it like that."

eddie understood. breakups are hard but being cheated on is even worse. he felt so bad that steve had to go through that. and he didn't even have anyone to go to. he felt even worse.

they turned up to eddies trailer and got out, both of them saying hi to wayne as they entered the house. they talked while eddie packed, telling wayne he's going to steves. "yeah sure thing son, i'm workin' this weekend anyways. busy days" he sipped on his coffee.

"seriously? again? can't they give you a break?" eddie sighed. his uncle worked so incredibly hard. he was thankful that he finally got a job so he could at least help with school expanses and food maybe. "yeah i know, it's shit. but hey, i'm going for a beer with rick tomorrow so it's not all bad" he smiled at eddie who returned the smile.

he packed everything he needed for a day or two, depending how long he'll stay. steve wanted him to stay through the weekend or just honestly move in with him.

they left at about the same time wayne did for work so eddie just locked up the trailer after them, saying goodbye to his uncle. they got into the car and drove over to steves. eddie also took his notebooks with him, both of then deciding that they should study together for a bit. they suddenly became very productive with studying. eddie mostly knew why.

carrying his stuff upstairs they just decided to study on steves bed, both of them being more comfortable with studying on something soft. steve brought some snacks and sodas upstairs, both of them agreeing that for the time beeing they should stay away from beer so they could focus more.

"wait, what did you get for this problem?" steve was chewing on a candy licorice wand, laying on his stomach, feet kicking in the air. he truly looked like a cute school girl talking to her crush.