17

it was killing eddie to not be able to kiss steve in school for the whole week.

they sat together at lunch and some classes and god eddie wanted to just jump in his arms every time the boy looked at him with those pretty eyes of his. he was just counting down the minutes until the end of the school day so he could make out with steve until he couldn't breathe anymore. he was just waiting for the breaks so he could grab steves hand and drag him into the janitors closet to kiss him.

for the whole week eddie thought about nothing else but steve and the date they'll go on. he felt so giddy all the time, he could barely pay any attention in class. and in a way he hated himself for thinking like this, he kept cringing at himself but god he loved it so much.

even when they started work together he took every chance he could to give steve a quick peck or hold his hand. robin of course wasn't the biggest fan of it but she was happy for them nonetheless.

"hey love, you ready for the date?" steve asked once they both got into his car after work. robin has already left with vickie, leaving the two of them to close up. eddie smiled at him sweetly "as i'll ever be." so steve started the car and drove to his house, eddie insisting they change into something more appropriate. steve even found one of his suits that fit eddie nicely, but the boy of course still wore his jewelry. and he also put his hair up in a ponytail, steve drooling over him.

"god baby, i love it when you tie your hair back" he gnawed at eddie like he was about to eat him. he smirked and kissed steve gently "i know." steve trailed after him outside the house "you're gonna be the death of me munson, your ass looks so good in these pants." "oh you perv" eddie giggled as they got into the car. "only for you baby."

eddie was a little nervous to go into the restaurant. even though he was sure steves outfit that he gave him was quite expensive he still felt out of place. he kept fidgeting with his rings on the way there. "baby, calm down, it's gonna be okay" steve assured him, holding his hand before they got out of the car. "you look amazing and you should feel amazing" he tucked a fallen strand of eddies curls behind his ear and stroked his cheek "you got this." eddie nodded, trying to convince himself into it before they exited the car.

he wanted to grab steves hand but he remembered where they were so he decided to play it cool and stuffed one of his hands inside his pant pocket. "there you go" steve smiled at him and started walking inside the restaurant, eddie following suit.

and the inside of the restaurant looked even fancier than the outside did. the lights were dimmed, a big chandelier was hanging down in the middle, the crimson red drapes gave the whole place a very cozy feel. "woah, now this is fancy" eddie gasped as he looked around. steve leaned into his ear and whispered "all for my boyfriend." and eddie couldn't help but blush at the word.

"hello gentlemen, may i help you?" a well suited man came over to them. "yes, i have a reservation under harrington" steve replied, his voice full of confidence. eddie guessed he was used to it from his parents. "oh yes, please, follow me. your table is right over to the back" the man motioned to follow him towards their table.

after he seated them he handed them the menus and gave them time to decide. "damn, a table at the back? you planing to do something harrington?" eddie smirked, wiggling his eyebrows. he was appreciative that steve picked a table near the back, a little more privacy for them. "nothing you wouldn't be comfortable with" steve smiled sweetly at him as he listed through the menu.

the waiter came over and took their orders and steve urged eddie to pick something that wasn't the cheapest item on the menu. "baby, you don't have to think about it, i'm paying" steve squeezed his hand under the table after the waiter left. "i know, it just feels weird" he squeezed his hand back.

they talked a lot before they got their food, munching on some appetizers, steve trying to convince eddie to start a serious career in music. "baby, you are absolutely amazing, you should really think about it. i would totally help you with everything, i was kind of serious about being your manager, i have no idea what i'm gonna do with my life" steve blabbed on, eddie smiling the whole time. he loved listening to steve talk.

"you know, i thought about it a lot but i'm not entirely sure. as much as i would love you being my manager i guess a part of me is still pretty insecure in my musical abilities. though i know i'm good but i don't know if i'm that good" he leaned back on the soft cushions. "i understand but you really are good. and i'm not saying that as your almost boyfriend but as someone with a really good pair of ears" steve giggled at eddie who was blushing all the while steve complimented him. "you know, you're really not good for my already big ego" eddie giggled. steve nodded "good, your ego should be big."

slowly their food came so their conversation died down a little, as eddie stole some of steves food and in defense the other did the same. they giggled as they looked at each other and continued to eat their food. eddie adored how cute steve looked when he ate, his cheeks becoming puffy with all the food he was chewing, he looked like a chipmunk.

as they finished their main course steve forced eddie to order something from the desert menu even though he really didn't want to, seeing the prices. "come on, let me spoil you baby" steve whined at eddie who snorted at him. "fine, you can spoil me but only today. after that it stops, okay?" steve nodded and smiled.

eddie immensely enjoyed desert, he never ate anything like it. in a weird way it reminded him of steves lips, he guessed because of the cherries.

and after steve payed for their meals they exited the restaurant and got into his car. "thank you so much babe" eddie looked at steve with sparkly eyes. "you truly are the best boyfriend ever" he smiled as steve punched the air "YES! i'm eddie munsons boyfriend!"

steve couldn't stop smiling, he drove up to the lovers lake patting the steering wheel to the beat of you're the one that i want from grease, singing along with it and eddie deciding to join in, knowing hom much steve loves it when he does so.

he parked before the forest and quickly got out of the car sprinting to eddies door so he could open it for him. he offered him his hand which eddie gladly took with a shy smile "what a gentleman you are." "all for my... boyfriend" steve looked so happy saying that word. he helped eddie get out of the car and walked through the forest holding his hand.

they got to the lake and sat on one of the benches that stood near the path along the lake. "i feel like we're 80 years old" eddie giggled as he leaned his head on steves shoulder. his hand slid to the small of steves back, gripping his waist as steves arm came to rest over eddies shoulders. "what a cute little old couple we are" steve sighed into eddies hair.

the breeze ruffled eddies hair that was now out of the ponytail. he felt his cheeks getting cold so he nuzzled his head into the nape of steves neck, cuddling close in his arms. "steve, i love you so much" eddie sighed as he hugged steve close, feeling at home. "i love you too eddie, so fucking much" steve replied squeezing eddie close.

"so, is it official? are you agreeing to be my boyfriend?" steve asked, pulling away a little to look at eddie. he smiled and gave steve a soft kiss "yes steve, i will be your boyfriend." the boy smiled as he kissed eddie holding his face with one of his hands, the other one still wrapped around his shoulders.

eddie wondered if everyone felt like that with their partners. he wondered if everyone felt this immense love that he feels whenever steve is near him. he hoped so. he hoped that everyone could experience this.

...

A/N: okay this one was really short. i just wanted them to finally be together😩

butttt.......next chapter is going to be full smut just to make up for everything. i will put a warning in the beginning for those that might wanna skip it but before it starts i will again put a warning sign because i'm planing on writing something more before it.

though, the chapter probably won't be out for a while, i had a really busy week but i'll try to write as much as i can and post it as soon as possible.

thank you all so much for reading! i can not tell you how much it means to me🥹 i love you all!