6

and even though the night was cold, eddie found himself comfortably warm and relaxed.

he slept until his alarm without waking up in the middle of the night which is very unusual for him. his sleep hasn't been good for at least a year now.

and under any normal circumstances he'd find this situation strange but as he opened his eyes he found himself in an embrace. a very warm, soft embrace that he never wanted to get out of. but he was curious who was hugging him at 6 am.

shooting his eyes upwards he met steves resting face and he almost had a heart attack. he completely forgot about this nights adventures and was fully not expecting for his friend to be this close to him.

steves arm was drooped on eddies waist, gently holding him close and if eddies view allowed him to go further down he might've found their legs intertwined, one of his legs in between steves.

his face was aligned with steves chest and eddie found himself in a trance with the way it rose with each breath steve took. it was almost rhythmical, only the occasional sharp breath breaking the soft pattern.

steves lips were slightly parted, small snores comming out of his mouth. his eyelashes were decorating his soft cheeks as his eyebrows furrowed at the second alarm which eddie failed to turn off in time.

groaning he rubbed his eyes with his free hand as eddie reached over him to turn his clock off, steves other hand still resting on eddies waist, following his movement as though it was glued to his body.

"what time is it?" eddie was taken aback by steves hoarse morning voice, blushing in the slightest. "it's 6:15 sleepyhead" eddie giggled as he looked at steves droopy eyes. the other groaned in complaint and moved down a bit so he could snuggle in the crock of eddie neck.

eddies heart skipped a beat. well more like a hundred beats. he was sure that if steve was fully awake he could've felt it beating in his chest but even if he did notice, he didn't say anything. so eddie just let him be.

he was thinking of petting steves head, something he knew the latter enjoyed immensely. he wasn't sure about it until steve moved his head as though he was trying to climb into eddies skin. he then knew that steve wanted one of his cuddles.

he let out a giggle, bringing his hand to steves soft hair. "you're a child" eddie laughed out as steve tried to let out a grump of protest but it just came out as sigh of enjoyment. eddie couldn't help himself, his cheeks were bright red and he was incredibly grateful that steve couldn't see him in that moment.

stopping his movement eddie reminded steve "stevie, we have school. you gotta get up." "u gef up" eddie chuckled at steves almost incomprehensible babble but just to be a menace to him, he, much to his own protest, got up from his bed and left to go to the bathroom, steves whines disappearing in the room.

he quickly brushed his teeth and washed his face. he gently ran a hand through his hair to comb it a little. he didn't like hairbrushes because they puffed his hair out to much for his own liking. though as steve put it his hair was like a cloud when he did brush it and he very much enjoyed it.

as he walked back into his room he found steve sitting on his bed, criss cross apple sauce and his head hunging down, looking like he fell asleep upwards.

giggling at the lovely sight he walked up to steve and ruffled his hair. the other jolted awake and looked up at eddie. and how much he enjoyed this view, he really couldn't explain. steve was looking up at him with the literal definition of puppy eyes and eddie couldn't help but gently pat his cheeks to maybe help him wake up a little.

"come on honey, you gotta get up" eddie tugged steves arms a little. "i still have a spare toothbrush. want me to brush your teeth princess?" steve lifted his head at the question. "would you?" he raised an eyebrow and eddie searched his face trying to find any hint of sarcasm but it seemed like steve was serious.