Chapter 8 - Lost and Found

Abhimanyu followed Akshara around Dubai International Airport. Not because he wanted to be labeled and arrested on the count of being a stalker but because he wanted to take in her beauty for the once last time before they parted ways.

Akshara felt a strong and heavy presence around her. She didn't even have to guess who it was, "Are you following me?"

"In your dreams. I was just about to grab a bite to eat." Abhimanyu was quick on his feet, she had to give him that. He beelined past her to get to the fast food joint right behind her.

Akshara rolled her eyes and started to make her way to the same fast food joint.

"And now why are you following me?" Abhimanyu asked.

"I'm not!"

"Oh really?"

Before Akshara could reply, the fast food worker called Abhimanyu up to order.

"Hi, I'd like to order one burger with fries and a coke please."

"That would be $12 USD."

Oh right, money. Akshara began digging through her handbag to get to her wallet but alas, it wasn't there. She dug deeper, making sure her hands felt and rummaged through each section of her handbag, searching through every nook and cranny of her handbag. But no, she couldn't find her wallet and neither her cellphone. But thankfully, she had everything else on her person, including her passport.

"Oh no!"

Abhimanyu turned around at Akshara's panicked voice. He could feel she was in distress. He turned back towards the fast food worker, "Cancel my order."

Abhimanyu quickly went up to Akshara and held her by the shoulders, hoping that this wasn't the onset of another panic attack.

"Akshara, what happened? Take a deep breath. Just breathe okay?"

"My wallet. I can't find my wallet or my phone."

"Okay, calm down. Do you remember when you last had it?"

"On the plane. And I never opened my handbag after that till now."

"Maybe the handbag opened up in the plane and the wallet and phone fell out. Let's go to the Emirates help desk okay?"

Akshara simply nodded her head, too overwhelmed to speak. Abhimanyu tightly gripped Akshara's hand, his large palms securely engulfing her small hands as he walked with her, side by side, step by step to the nearest Emirates help desk.

"Hi," Abhimanyu decided to take charge of the situation, trying his best to not give Akshara any more stress than she currently was feeling.

"Hello sir. How many I help you?" The lady at the help desk replied back in her best customer service voice.

"We were just on the flight that landed from New York. My...my friend here, Akshara...Akshara Goenka seemed to have lost her wallet and phone. The last time she remembers seeing it is on the plane. So if you could have your crew just do a sweep of her seat and the overhead bin, that would be great!"

Akshara nodded her head in agreement, "Yes please! It would be a great help."

The customer service representative nodded her head, "Of course Sir, Ma'am. Let me see what can be done. Ma'am do you have your boarding pass with you?"

"Yes, here." Akshara handed over her boarding pass.

"And is there a phone number we can call to inform you that the wallet and phone has been found?"

Akshara looked hesitantly over to Abhimanyu. Should she ask for a favour?

"Of course. You can call me on my cellphone." Akshara looked on awe as Abhimanyu rattled off his cellphone number to the representative.