Chapter 35 - Mehendi, Mischief and Mayhem

"What are you boys doing here?! Sab ladke get out!" Swarna glared at Kairav, Abhimanyu, Neil and Parth, pointing at them to leave whilst earning giggles from the girls.

Abhimanyu looked over Swarna to see Akshara sitting beside Shefali, Reem and Saanj. All the girls were wearing lenghas in different shades of green. But all he cared for was to see his Akshara wearing a dark green floral lengha and looking absolutely stunning while doing so.

Akshara glanced up to see Abhimanyu staring directly at her, making her cheeks flush as images of their morning rendezvous flashed before her eyes. She secretly waved at Abhimanyu, smiling shyly at him. Akshara eyed the girls sitting around her carefully to see if anyone was watching before touching her hand to mouth and blowing Abhimanyu a flying kiss.

"Akshara? What's wrong?" Mimi asked, catching Akshara touch her hand to her mouth.

Thinking quickly on her feet, Akshara feigned a yawn as to not raise suspicions. "Nothing Mimi. Just tired." She lied, earning a smirk from Abhimanyu.

Akshara glared at Abhimanyu for poking fun of her white lies. Abhimanyu moved his hand to his waist in a dramatic move to catch Akshara's flying kiss. Unfortunately it was a move that did not go unnoticed by Kairav.

"Abhimanyu? What are you doing?"

"Hmmm kya? Oh nothing. Just swatting away the mosquitos, that's it." Abhimanyu replied, glancing back at Kairav.

Before Kairav could respond, Swarna was quick to intervene again. "Sab ladke out. Bahar niklo. This event is just for the girls."

"But Badi Maa, hum toh already bahar hai, garden mein. How much further out can we go?" Abhimanyu asked innocently.

"So shouldn't you be telling us to go inside instead?" Neil joined in on the conversation.

"Neil toh Neil, lekin Abhimanyu, tum bhi? I thought you were the mature one." Swarna responded at the antics of her younger would-be grand son-in-law.

Abhimanyu held his ears in apology. "Sorry, Badi Maa. But it's not fair. How come we can't party with you all too?"

Akshara laughed as she watched Swarna and Abhimanyu banter. She had always wanted a husband who would get along with her entire family and treat them like his own. And Abhimanyu was just that. He made her heart fill with love, joy, and gratitude knowing that she fell in love with and was about to marry the most gracious and charming man to walk the planet.

"Hum sab yah sirf Akshu?" Manjiri teased, walking up beside Swarna, making Akshara blush.

"Maaa. You too? How can you off all people think that?" He replied, passing a glance at Akshara before turning back to Manjiri and Swarna.

"Because I'm your mother and I know what goes on in that mind of yours. Currently Akshara naam ki headlights flash kar rahi hongi." That quip earned a few snickers from the boys.

"Lekin Manjiri Maa, this is my Mehendi too. I can be a part of it, right?" Parth asked, slyly.

"Nope. All of you boys have to leave. This is an exclusive girls event only." Nishtha came to stand beside Manjiri and answered Parth's question on her behalf which earned her a death glare from her two elder brothers.

"Then why is Vansh here?" Parth whined.

"Vansh is helping us with the music. He's our DJ today." Swarna answered.

Abhimanyu's eyes lit up at that mention. "Haan perfect! We'll also help Vansh with the music. How will he handle everything? Right bhai?" He nudged Parth on the shoulder.

"Right! Absolutely!"

"No. You all have to leave. Now! And Vansh is also going to be leaving soon too. We have traditional ghooghaf clad henna artistes coming to do the henna and they've requested it be a female affair. Which means no boys allowed! So bye boys. Out!" Swarna warned them, strictly.