Chapter 41 - Let Me Take You Dancing

It was around 2:45am when the last of the guests had left the venue and the elder Goenka's and Birla's had decided to retire to their respective rooms, drained out of energy from dancing all night.

Only Abhimanyu and Akshara, Parth and Shefali were left on the dance floor whilst the rest of their siblings watched them dance to a slow instrumental song from the end of the dance floor.

Abhimanyu pulled Akshara into his arms, encompassing her in his arms as he settled both his arms on her waist while she gripped his broad shoulders with her delicate fingers.

Somewhere along the night, Akshara had kicked off her heels and had been dancing bare feet. Abhimanyu gently lifted her up so her bare feet were resting on top of his, protecting them from the dirty ground.

Abhimanyu and Akshara stared into each other's eyes, as Shefali's words reeled through their minds. Jaipur. Udaipur. Mumbai. Their Tilak. Their engagement. The wedding. Everything was up in the air.

But one thing was certain. They couldn't be without each other. Abhimanyu refused to be without his Akshara. He absolutely, soul crushingly refused to be apart from her. He had spent 30 odd years of his life apart from her. And now that he finally had her, the thought of spending even one second away from her pierced through his heart.

Akshara knew and understood exactly what Abhimanyu was thinking as she gazed into his eyes. He was worried about spending their time apart. And honestly, she was worried too. But what could they even do?

Abhimanyu leaned into Akshara, touching his forehead to hers, trying to find answers to his questions as the song came to an end.

~*~

Abhimanyu, Akshara, Parth, Shefali, Neil, Saanj, Samayah, Vansh, Reem and Kairav decided to hang out by the pool, a beer in each their hands as neither of them felt tired enough for bed.

At least not yet. Not with only 1 day to go for the wedding. Abhimanyu and Akshara had been dying to get some privacy, some alone time so they could talk about their future. But they couldn't decline spending precious time with their siblings either.

Abhimanyu settled himself in a pool lounge chair, pulling Akshara to sit in his lap. Akshara glanced around worriedly at her siblings to see if she'd face any objections but no one cared. Shefali herself was sharing a chair with Parth and sitting on his lap.

Akshara leaned back against Abhimanyu's chest as he wrapped his arms around his stomach, embracing her as he nestled his nose into the crook of her neck, softly kissing the nape of her neck, hidden from anyone else's view. Akshara tilted her head to the side, giving Abhimanyu better access to her neck, feeling herself get lost in the moment.

Akshara pressed her palm against the back of Abhimanyu's hands warning him to stop what he was doing. Because his kisses did something to her —and he very well knew what it was.

But Abhimanyu didn't stop. Instead he placed kisses on the side of her neck and into her hair, teasing her, as Akshara tried her to control the silent moan bubbling in the back of her throat.

Coming back to reality, Akshara pinched the back of Abhimanyu's hands in warning, turning her face to meet his, glaring at him in silent pleading to stop the calculated assault on her senses.

She wanted him too. Needed him. But not now. Not in front of everyone at least. Abhimanyu nodded his head, accepting her plea. Akshara gave him a soft smile before turning back around to face their siblings.

"Shefali Di, I never got a chance to ask you this before and I know yours was an arranged marriage too but after the Tilak and all, did Parth Jiju ever propose to you?" Saanj asked, making Abhimanyu and Akshara's eyes perk up.