Chapter 32 - Sleepless Nights

Abhimanyu tossed and turned in his bed, unable to fall asleep. He turned on the air conditioner to full glass and kicked off the blanket from his body. Hot. He was burning up. He turned his phone on to check the time.

2am. He could feel the drowsiness playing hide and seek with his eyes but yet he was unable to sleep.

He wasn't restless. He wasn't anxious. He felt tired. He felt sleepy. But yet wasn't able to put himself to sleep.

Abhimanyu got up on his elbows and fluffed his pillows a little before collapsing down on his bed. Feeling a little chilly, he tucked himself under same the blanket he'd knocked off a minutes ago.

Finally giving up, he stuck one hand and one fork our of the blanket in a bid to get the best of both worlds. The coolness of the air conditioning mixed in with the warmth of the blanket.

But there was only one warmth which he was missing and no amount of blankets would be comparable to it.

Akshara.

He was missing Akshara.

Granted that they'd only last seen each other about 3 hours ago when they'd returned from the city after running errands —and their little date —ate dinner and then said good night to each other but that didn't stop him from missing her.

Abhimanyu laid on his back, looking up at the empty ceiling, his hands folded neatly on his stomach as he counted backwards from 100 to 1. He turned around look at the digital clock on his night stand to see it flashing 2:15am.

15 minutes? It had only been 15 minutes?

Abhimanyu turned on his right side and then his left, before finally getting up and sitting up straight on his bed. He tapped his fingers together, restlessly, of his next move.

Ah, fuck it.

Abhimanyu jumped off his bed, put on his slides and flung open his room door and stomped out like the grump the lack of sleep had made him become.

~*~

Akshara tossed and turned in her bed and stared at the ceiling, humming her favourite 'Dil se bandhi ik dor...' to herself in a bid to fall asleep.

She'd never had this issue before. Whenever it'd come to falling asleep, she'd passed out in her bed the moments the lights were turned off.

But that was before...

Abhimanyu.

Ever since she'd met him, she'd been having sleepless nights. First it was because she'd be afraid of her feelings for him and now it was because of how much she loved him.

Akshara turned to her side and closed her eyes, humming to herself. Singing to herself, humming to herself had worked before but then why not now?

Because you miss him, her mind told her.

Never mind the fact that she had just gave him a goodnight kiss a few hours ago.

Just as she switched positions and moved flat onto her back to stare at the ceiling some more, she heard an agitated knock on her door.

She checked her clock to see it was 2:20am. She wondered who it could be knocking like a madman on the other side of the door.

Akshara groaned to herself for her lack of sleep and unlocked open her door to see an equally cranky and sleep deprived Abhimanyu standing on the other side.

She looked him up and down to see he was wearing a pair of sweatpants and a basic tee whilst she was standing braless wearing a pair of tiny silk booty shorts and a matching tank top.