Chapter 38 - Chlorine Water and Dancing in Showers

Warning 18+ Content: Again, this entire chapter is very sexually graphic. If that is something that bothers you, please skip this chapter.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Akshara stared at the ceiling, eyes wide open, while laying flat on her back in her bed surrounded by Saanj and Shefali, who were sleeping sound asleep, peacefully. 

After practicing for the dance into the wee hours of the night, Saanj and Shefali had decided to crash on the bed in Akshara's room. Partly because they wanted to spend some more sisterly time together and partly because they were too lazy to walk to their own bedrooms, despite Shefali's room being right next to Akshara's.

She peeked over Saanj's shoulder to see the digital clock striking 3:35am.

She again laid on her back, staring at the ceiling again, trying to hum herself to sleep —just like she had been doing for the past 1 hour.

But no luck. It was as if her body had gotten used to feeling Abhimanyu's presence around her lulling her to sleep. She wondered if he was going though similar stages of sleep deprivation.

Should she text him?

No. What if he was sleeping? She didn't want to disturb his sleep cycle just because she was becoming an insomniac without the feel of his body next to hers.

She laid back down on her bed, trying to kill some time hoping sleep would overcome her. But as the seconds of the clock ticked past her, she knew that sleeping without Abhimanyu beside her was a lost cause.

She looked around to make sure both her sisters were sound asleep before unfurling her body from their grasp and climbing over Saanj and onto the cold marble floor. Akshara hissed as soon as her feet touched the cold hard surface. She turned around to make sure none of her sisters had awoken before tip-toeing her way towards her closet.

Akshara knew of only one way that will help her keep peace and calm her to sleep in this situation. And she was going to do just that.

~*~

Just as Akshara got close to the pool, she heard a loud splash of someone jumping into the water. When she had left her room, it been almost 3:45am. Who else could be awake and in dire need of a swim at this point of the hour? 

The closer she for the pool, the more visible the body of the other person, who was completely submerged under water came into clear view. It was a man with broad shoulders, muscular arms, and a lean body with scratch marks lining his back.

She knew those arms because they'd carried her. She knew those shoulders because she'd leaned into them whilst hugging him. She knew that lean body because she'd felt every inch of it against her. And she definitely knew those scratch marks because she was the one responsible for them.

"Abhimanyu?" She stated, more so as a question as she stepped up to the edge of the pool.

Abhimanyu heard her voice call his name as he emerged from the water. He moved his hair away from his face, shaking the water away from his head as he ran his hand over his face as he came into direct contact with Akshara, standing bare feet at the edge of the pool wrapped in a fluffy white robe.

"Akshara?" He whispered, surprised to see her standing in front of him as he stared at her, head to toe.

"What are you doing here?" She blurted out, knowing full well he was probably here doing the exact same thing she was here to do.