Chapter 24 - Closure

"I'm so sorry. Are you hurt? Let me see!" Abhimanyu croaked, concern dripping from voice as his hands roamed in the air over her body, careful not to touch her.

"Yes. I'm fine. I shouldn't have done that." She paused and her eyes lowered in shame. "I don't know what overcame me. I shouldn't...we shouldn't have...that shouldn't have happened." Her voice trembled as she tried to apologize for...what? Letting go of her inhibitions and following her heart?

"Shouldn't have done what?" Abhimanyu's brows furrowed as he fury began to set in.

"The kiss. I don't know why...what happened to me. I'm so sorry." She avoided looking at Abhimanyu as she spoke, knowing full well that every single word coming out of her mouth was a lie. A blatant lie.

Abhimanyu's face was hard, expressionless. "But I'm not. I'm not sorry at all."

Abhimanyu grabbed Akshara by the waist and pulled her close to him with a thud. His fingers digging deep into the waist as his hold on her tightened. Akshara managed to bridge a gap in between then as she wiggled her hands up broad chest trying her best to push him away.

"Tell me. Tell me you don't feel this." Obsession took over Abhimanyu as he rubbed his nose against hers cheek, breathing in her hair.

His nails dug deeper into her waist as he tried to make her remember —remember his touch. The same touch had craved during the one night of passion in Dubai.

"Tell me you don't want this. Tell me." He teeth bit onto the top of her earlobes, gently tugging at them as his fingertips folded into her waist.

He wanted to make her feel. Anything. Something. Her denial of whatever it was they shared, of them, was driving him insane.

"Stop Abhimanyu," Akshara's voice quivered as she held onto his shoulders, trying to push him away from him. Even though all she wanted was to pull him into her.

Why? Why did life have to be so damned complicated?

"Stop what, Akshara?" He demanded defiantly, letting removing his one hand from her waist and cupping her cheek with his hand. He placed a gentle kiss on the corner of her moist eyes, kissing away the one lone teardrop that had begun rolling down her cheek. He then rubbed his nose against her cheek, planting soft, warm kisses on on every inch of her face.

Akshara inhaled sharply as she let herself get swayed by Abhimanyu's touch. She felt her a hitch in her throat when she felt his lips touch the side of her neck. She closed her eyes and moved her head to the side, giving Abhimanyu easier access to her throat.

Taking her willingness as a form of consent, Abhimanyu placed soft kisses on her neck whilst suckling on the soft tissue of her neck. Akshara's breathing quickened and her chest tightened as she felt her body growing weaker with every single one of Abhimanyu's touches.

He was very well aware damned aware of what he was doing to her and the worst part was that her body knew his touch all too well. Traitor.

But no. She couldn't let this go on. Tears rolled down her eyes as she felt the battle between her mind and her heart come to head.  Her heart —all it wanted was to embrace Abhimanyu's touch and not give a fuck about anyone. Not her family, not his.

But her mind, her mind wanted her to think rationally. Her mind asked her if she was willing to risk everything —her family, their love, their care —the same family she had known for the last 24 years of her life over someone...over someone she'd just met not even 3 days ago?!