Chapter 37 - Lemon Sugar Mixture

Just as Abhimanyu, Neil, and Parth exited the Mehendi premises, Abhimanyu turned around just in time to see Akshara walking up to him. She came to a standstill right in front of him, just as Parth and Neil backed away, giving the couple some privacy.

"Akshara?"

"Shh, I don't a lot of time, but here." She handed him a henna cone.

"What?" He asked, confused.

Akshara outstretched her palm in which Abhimanyu had filled in his masterpiece of a heart diagram.

"Autograph please." She smiled at him, gesturing Abhimanyu to complete the work he'd started.

"Akshara..." Words failed him. What did he even say to her? All he could do was be enamored by her.

"Come on, aren't you going to finish the work you started? Do you leave your surgeries midway?"

Abhimanyu shook his head to her question. "No, but..."

"Exactly, so how can you leave your handy dandy artwork incomplete? Now hurry up and finish it before Mimi catches us and finishes the both of us instead." Akshara teased.

Abhimanyu nodded his head in adoration as he placed his hand underneath Akshara's and quickly finished up the design on her hand, including writing, or rather, scribbling his name on her outstretched palm.

Once he was done, Akshara glanced at her hand, satisfied. "You know, you were right. You really can tell you're a doctor." She quipped, before giggling just as she got a pointed glare from Abhimanyu.

Akshara then went on her toes, and kissed Abhimanyu on the cheek, relishing that moment of intimacy as she inhaled his scent. Wooden musk. Abhimanyu closed his eyes just as Akshara's lips touched his cheeks, just feeling the softness of her lips, against the roughness of his stubble.

As Akshara pulled back from the kiss and settled back onto her feet, both their eyes glossy with need, the little coughing sounds initiated by Parth and Neil were enough to remind them they weren't alone.

Akshara's cheeks turned bright red whilst Abhimanyu looked back at his brothers, glaring at them with a murderous rage, more so for making Akshara embarrassed than for interrupting their moment of intimacy.

"Bye Abhimanyu." She lowered her lashes and spoke softly before running back to the Mehendi party.

Abhimanyu turned around and gave his two brothers  a death glare. "You didn't have to embarrass her like that!" He exclaimed. "Would it have killed you to stay quiet for a few more seconds?"

Parth and Neil exchanged glances between each other before turning to face Abhimanyu, a sudden shift to confidence in their demeanor.

"The pot calling the kettle black I see." Parth remarked. "It's not me, it's Parth bhai who wanted to spend time with Shefali bhabhi." Parth summarized, remembering the incidence from just a few moments ago.

"Bhai?" Abhimanyu felt like a deer caught in the headlights as he started to back away from his angry, approaching brothers. "You know I didn't mean that!" He clarified as he turned to Neil for support who had his own axe to grind.

"Oh, it's all Neil's idea. He's the one that tricked us into dressing up as women and gatecrashing the party." Neil mocked.

Abhimanyu gulped. "Neil, that's not what I meant!" Abhimanyu took a step back from his brothers, counting the moments down.

Parth and Neil raised their brows in ridicule. "Oh, right, of course. You are the innocent one." Parth scoffed, taking his shoe off.

Abhimanyu's eyes widened, his hands held out in defense in front of him, "Bhai, please! What are you doing? No please."