Chapter 4

Previously on Let Me Hear You

"I haven't told anyone yet about knowing my soulmate, so don't say anything just yet about it," I said to everyone and they nodded their heads after that, we went inside my house with me going inside first.

Constants POV

Once I got inside everyone yelled happy birthday to me and they were hugging me and congratulated me on being 18 and whatnot. My aunt and uncle bear hugged me while trying not to mess up the makeup Jas had done. After a while and the congrats we're over, thankfully we were just talking about different things.

"So do you know who it is? Is it someone from school?"

My aunt said first, I got kind of scared bc I don't know how they'll feel about him knowing he's older. But they needed to know I know, they might help me so I guess they should know now better than later.

"Yes I do know who it is, and no he isn't in the same school. He already graduated so he isn't in school either." I said to them confidently, they did look shocked by this but what more could I say?

"Then who is it, sweety?" Mom asked me and I took a deep breath and said

"It's Min Yoongi from BTS. He did a V-live this morning for his soulmate. But the bell rang so we couldn't watch it, and not long after I heard music. I didn't know it was him till me and the girls watched his V-live at lunch. Jonah was in line, that's why we watched it. But I noticed the same music pattern right away, I knew it must be him. I even looked at the chat when I had my free period and no one during the V-live confirmed they were his mate."

"Wait how old is he?" My aunt asked me and I responded. "24."

"Oh no, he's that much older than you!" My aunt said getting mad

"You act as I can control," I said standing up from my spot. " At least be happy that I know who it is on my first day. Instead of caring about the age gap, at least he's not in his 30's." I said adding to what I had said but this time getting mad at her.

"Jenna, what are you trying to apply here?" My mom said to her getting mad as well

"I love my niece, but I don't accept the fact that he's 5 years older than her it's not right!" She said madly back at my mom

"Jenna I'm her mother, not you. You don't get a day in the matter I don't either they are mates. You don't even know him, she knows him. She knows what he like, why don't you do your research about him on Google and YouTube? Maybe you'll change your mind about him?" My mom said as my aunt just walked away."Constants don't worry about your aunt, everyone else doesn't care about it. Let me talk to her, I'll be back." She said and walked to wherever my aunt went.

Jonah and the girls came up to me and hugged me, trying to make me feel better while the adults looked at me with pity.

"Constants don't worry about my mom she'll get over it."

Jonah said and he once again kisses my hair to make me feel better. I know the girls were hugging me as well, but Jonah was in front of me, so I hugged him tightly. I didn't think that's how telling them would turn out like this.

After a while, the girls let go of me, but I didn't let go of Jonah. Even though he is younger by one day, he acts older than he should. He's more like a brother than a cousin, and I didn't need my cousin I needed my brother.

I didn't let go and he knew that so he moved us back to the couch, he sat down and I sat close to him. My head was on his shoulder, as I now realized I had tears coming down my face. No one said anything to me, as they knew my aunt Jenna had ruined my birthday.