chapter 22

Korean speaking   English speaking   ASL

Previously on Let Me Hear You

I whispered to only him and Namjoon, and suddenly, my vision faded. I began to fall, and then everything went black. I could hear muffled voices, mainly Yoongi's and the girls'. I heard sirens in the background and Yoongi shouting at them in Korean, followed by Brook. I didn't know whose arms I was being held in, but I felt comfortable, even though it probably didn't appear that way in person.

Constants POV

I'm not sure what time it was, but I know I was in the hospital; my eyes were heavy, and I couldn't open them. I kept trying, but it was useless until I fell asleep again, not before hearing Yoongi tell me to return to him. He must know I'm trying so hard, but my body won't let me; I then slowly went back to sleep. I hope It is still a reasonable time, and if it's terrible, Jas has already told my family. Not sure what the time was, but my body was so heavy I still couldn't open my eyes, but I could hear what they were saying. 

"Her brain activity is excellent. She should wake up soon, probably because of all the blood she lost in that short time." The doctor said to whoever was in the room

"I know she's still alive. I'm her soulmate; I can feel it. I want her back. How much longer? The girls leave tomorrow to go back home for school on Monday?" Yoongi said back. I wonder who else is in the room.  

"Yoongi, I want my daughter to come out of this just as much as you do. But this is a waiting game; her whole body shut down because of the loss of blood. Her body needs time to heal from it; she'll wake up, but they don't know when yet." 

I could hear my mother say, of mom, she must be so scared right now. But at least they have each other. I wonder if Jonah is here, too? Jonah might be here because we are so close to each other.  

"I know Mis Smith; I just want to hear her voice. I miss it, and it's only been 3 hours since she was awake."  

He told my mom, and now I know it hasn't been as long as I thought. I knew right then that I had to wake up for him there. He wanted to hear my voice,e and I liked them to know I could listen to them. So I fought for it. I fought so hard for my eyes not to be heavy, and after a while, it finally worked; once I opened them, the room was so bright I closed them again and reopened them, and it was a little bit better. 

"Mama, it's so bright in here," I told her while my voice was groggy from not talking for so long. After I said that, they both hugged me 

"Do you want me to put it on dim?" she asked, and I nodded. She then left the room to either get the doctor or give us some alone time while telling the others I was okay. 

"Do you need water?" 

He asked me, and I nodded yes as he got up and got water from the sink; he then looked for a straw, found one, and walked over to me while I was trying to sit up. He put the cup of water on the tray and helped me sit up, and I smiled at him. Once I was sitting up, I signed thank you, and he said you welcome back to me as he held the cup so I could drink out of it. After a bit of drinking, I patted the bed for him to sit next to me, and just like a pup, he sat down next to me and hugged me for dear life.

"Yoongi, it's okay. I'm here; you are not losing me ever," I said to him in a whisper while my hand was on his head, playing with it. I noticed it comforted him, and he nodded; then, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," I said, and the door opened, and it was the doctor

"Hi, Miss Smith; how are you feeling?" He said