Chapter 20 - Band Road Trip

[Word count - 1,228]

The next weekend...

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Cafe

Your POV

When I woke up this morning, I received this text message from Himari.

Himari's text: Make sure you come to CiRCLE as early as possible.

I know today is the day I get to hangout with Afterglow, but why does it have to be so early in the morning, though? Could it be that the members of Afterglow have something planned for me? I guess I won't know unless I get to CiRCLE. 

Once I got to CiRCLE, not only the members of Afterglow were there, but Marina was outside with them, and they were standing next to a van.

"Hey, (Y/N)-san, glad you were able to make it." Marina said with a grin.

"Yeah, I'm here, but what's going on?" I asked.

"Huh? You mean Himari-chan didn't tell you?" Tsugumi questioned.

"No, she didn't."

"Heh, looks like Himari screwed up." Ran said, teasing her friend.

"Hey, my bad, okay?!" Himari defended herself.

"So umm... can someone tell me what's going on?" I asked.

"That's simple." Marina began. "We're doing..."

"An Afterglow Road Trip!" The Afterglow girls said together in unison.

"A road trip, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah, and we let Himari pick the destination." Ran said.

"That's fine, so where are we going?" I asked Himari.

"We're gonna go to this waterfall I found online." Himari said as she showed us an image of it on her phone.

"Wow, that is a pretty waterfall." I said.

"Right? The moment I saw it, I just knew we all had to go down there and check it out for ourselves." Himari said with a determined expression.

"Since it's a bit out of the way, Marina-san is kind enough to drive us down there." Tomoe said.

"That's right, and I say we should get going before the day gets away from us." Marina suggested.

"Good idea."

"Altogether now..." Himari said. "Hey! Hey! Hoh!"

"Hoh!" I said, but everyone stayed silent.

"You guys didn't say it with us!" Himari said.

"Oh yeah? Give us a reason to." Moca said.

"It's our chant!" Himari shouted.

"Correction: it's your chant." Ran said.

"Ugh! You two are unbelievable!"

I guess seeing Himari complain about Afterglow not doing the chant is another thing I'll miss about everyone when I go to America.
_____________________________________________

A few hours later...

Location - Marina's Van

We were now finally on the road on the way to the waterfall. Marina said it would take at least three hours to get there, so we were glad to leave very early. Everything was fine for a while, but about an hour later, Moca started to get hungry, so we stopped at a cafe and grabbed something for the road. Needless to say, she was happy about that.