chapter twenty nine part 2

Part two...

He turned to me looking me in my eyes. I could the regret in his eyes for not finishing what we had started. I smiled. “Sorry...”he said.

“It’s okay.”I spoke honestly. He was soon to be alpha and in his park all issues concerning rogues fell on to his shoulders. “After all this is what I get for being tied to you.”

He moved closer and cupped my face in his hands. “Not every time...”

I smiled, “I think you should get going...the rogues.”

He shook his head turning to his brother, “how seriously injured are they?” he asked referring to Brittney and Ivan. I looked at Nate too, expecting a good answer. No matter how much I did not like Brittney, it did not mean I wished her to be beaten up with rogues.

It was known that rogues were filthy. They were bad news and fighting with them was just never a good experience.

Nate shrugged, “I was just told they are pretty bad. And pretty bad means bad I believe.”

“Okay, we should go to the hospital first and then call peter. I need to know everything that happened.” He turned to look at me. “If this rogue who did this to them is you grandfather...”

“He is not my grandfather Preston; if he is the one who did this treat him like you would anyone else.” I said meaning every word I said. That old man was just an evil man, from now on he deserved everything he got.

At the hospital the conditions of Ivan and Brittney was not so good but according to their doctor, they were doing pretty good. “The boy as it would seem was severely hurt. It looks like he fought more and harder. The girl is pretty messed up too but they are both out of the woods.” He finished explaining.

My mind on hearing what the doctor was saying instinctively knew that that Ivan must have trying with all his best to protect her.

We couldn’t see them just yet, but as I went to sit down in the lobby I could see the looks going around. Preston was talking to his brother and some few people I did not know but from what I could deduce right now was that they were all part of the pack.

Preston was giving out different orders to all of them. He sounded like he trusted them yet he was still worried. I could hear him saying something about ‘they managed to do this to Ivan and we all know that he is one of the best.’

I just sat down in the corner trying not to think of anything bad. At this moment I wanted to believe in the law of attraction so much it was unreal.

The past few hours seemed do unreal yet everything that happened was real.

He knew.

Preston finally knew everything about me.

He had marked me.

How had he realized...how had he known that I was part witch? That was a question that had been glaring inside my head for while but I being genius enough tried to ignored it.

It was a futile action as the question was suddenly the only thing that consumed my mind.

My eyes wandered to where he was now. A few of the people he had been talking to earlier had left. He looked pretty serious as they listened to the doctor who had come to tell them something else.

I listened in on what he was saying, “There were too many scents when they came in. And I was struggling with the mending of their bones to really put my mind to catching it. I hope you catch them Preston. What they did should not be condoned.” He finished. With no further questions from Preston he went back to his jobs.