chapter fourteen

• Dedicated to Bim-Lilyan Reweta

so this is a bit short but you'll be getting longer chapters laters.... so enjoy

                                                               Chapter fourteen

By the time I had two glasses; I found myself outside again, under the stars and moonlight. This time I went to sit under a tree which was pretty much just me wanting some alone time. I had apparently forgotten my drink inside so I sat down deciding I would go back a few minutes to go get it.

I sat there for five minutes before I got bored and went inside. On the doorway, I passed Britney who had a smirk plastered on her face. I felt like she was up to something but I did not bother with her. She had been really mad today after she found out about her car. She left school after that.

And I was laughing the rest of the day, Happy too.

She didn’t say anything to me as she went outside. I entered the kitchen and went straight to where I had left the wine bottle. I grabbed a clean glass from the cupboard and headed to where the party had it all going on.

Toni found me first. “Wow, this is so awesome.” She screamed.

“Yeah” I replied sounding bored.

“Have you seen the way Preston has been looking at you?” she questioned. He had been looking at me?

“No and I don’t want to know anything that concerns him right now.”

“what happened to you two?” she said apparently needing no answer as she sipped her drink in and jumped to the next thing on her mind. “Have you seen Alex by the way?”

“Nop” I said popping the p at the end as I drank the wine. It tasted just like it had before but something was a bit different. I shrugged it out of my mind. “You better go search for him before some chick steals him.”

She laughed. “Not happening on my watch.” She slurred a bit indicating to me that she was a bit drunk. Still I knew she could handle herself. She left me there standing with a smile on my face. She was one heck of a friend...I thought as I made the way to sit on stairs.

After a few more sips, this tall looking guy came to join me sitting down beside me. I had never seen him before at school. “So you’re the legendary Abby Houston?” he slurred and he smelled of intoxication in bold letters.

That was not a good first impression.

“no I’m not...your confusing me with somebody else’ I said hoping to god he would leave me alone.

“Really now?” he moved closer to me that his bloody smelling breath was all over me.

I swallowed and stood up intending to leave.

He caught me by my wrist pulling me closer to him. That seriously surprised me. “Listen wench, I don’t care what everyone thinks of you. I know you are just another bi-” he never finished his sentence as a punch connected onto his face.

He fell down and didn’t get up. I stumbled as I turned to face whoever had thrown that neat punch.

And guess whom it was...Preston huntsman standing there in all his glory still glaring at the boy who was probably not going to wake up anytime soon. Of course I was about to punch him too in a couple of seconds before Preston interfered.

When finally Preston turned to look at me I saw his anger in his eyes, deeply embroided but as he looked at me that look faded into worry. “Are you okay?”