chapter fifteen

• Dedicated to Keisha Nessaria Eldred

                                                            Chapter fifteen

I woke up to an unfamiliar scent all over the room....which could only mean one thing.

I was not in my room....not possibly anywhere in my house.

My eyes flew open immediately and as they adjusted to the light my thought were confirmed. I was not in my room and this was not one any of the rooms in my house. Where the hell was I?

But to a more important question...What the hell had happened last night?

I sat up on the very comfortable bed and leaned against the ebony coloured headboard. It felt strange and my heart started hammering as I tried to remember the night before.

It came back blank...

Nothing...

I covered my face with my hands as I groaned. Holy mother! Did I get that drunk?

Yes...a voice in my head answered.

Where the hell was I?

I turned and glanced at the room. It was huge.

With the white coloured and grey coloured walls...it was just like a hotel room. Was I in a hotel room? What day was it?

Oh my god... where the hell was I?

I stood up slowly and noticed I was still in my clothes...the clothes I had worn to last night’s party...or I hope it was still last night . For all I knew this was probably a week after the party but the headache that was coming alive in a very good non-exciting manner proved me otherwise.

This hangover must surely be from last night.

How many glasses did I have?

The floor was a bit cold as I finally put my feet on the ground.  There were no posters in the room but as I searched the room again I noticed three things.

In the far left corner of the room was a guitar lying against the wall looking as if it had been placed there recently after being played.

And that this room was too clean to be someone’s room. There was a sofa just where one could sit down and watch the plasma television that was against the wall. I noticed the Xbox laying just near the flat screen but it kind of drifted out of my mind.

There were two doors and another which I presumed was the closet as it had a design for one.

I moved to one of the two doors I could see. On opening it I found the biggest bathroom which confirmed to me that this was not a hotel room...this was someone’s room.

There were shampoos, shower gels and personal things in this room. As I started to concentrate on the smell of the room I noticed it was extremely very familiar, it was Preston’s. Why hadn’t I noticed it in the beginning? Maybe because my mind was too occupied I replied to myself.

I looked at myself in the mirror... I was a mess. The mascara I had had on last night was totally destroyed like I had cried myself to seep or something. The lipstick was ruined too...and if I did not know any better I looked like I just came from a beating in hell.

I too time washing my face and then I braided my hair into a pony tail something I rarely did but what the heck. As I got out of the bathroom I still noticed no one was in the room but hen Preston scent filled my senses completely. It was like a light being opened up after years of darkness.