chapter six

• Dedicated to Adella Msoffe

      so here's chapter six everyone..thank u so much for reading, commenting and voting lol. means alot...really...

now vote

comment and love it...                                                      

Chapter six

I drove to the only person I could think of who could answer all my questions, my dad.

Unfortunately he was in surgery for the next two hours. I told the nurse not to tell him I came because knowing my dad he would just worry. And so I left the hospital getting into my car driving it around town with my mind having a thousand questions.

There was but one thought that lingered in my mind…

If he was my mate…then everything made so much now. The feelings that passed between us whenever we touched or the way I couldn’t seem to remember anything beside his eyes when we stared at each other.

Oh good heavens...

This was definitely the last thing I wanted to happen to me.

Being the mate of the next alpha.

I did not want to be that girl who in the end fell for the big bad wolf...I hated all werewolves...they had killed my mom who had been one of their own and even if this was not the pack responsible I still knew they were heartless creatures and though I had some of their heightened senses I never really used them.

I wanted to be normal.

And now finding out that I could possibly be the next alpha’s mate was not something I wanted to be.

I didn’t want to be associated with any wolf... not now not ever. If I had my way we wouldn’t even be around any but my dad really wanted and loved this job. He had sacrificed so much for me since mom’s death...

I decided to go home and as I drove there I did something I hadn’t done in a long while.

I prayed that I was not Preston’s mate.

I was really desperate.

Five hours later...

I woke up from a dreamless sleep. I noticed it had already gotten dark outside. Whoa! How long had I slept? I checked my watch and realized it was five wasted hours. I was really hungry so I headed downstairs for a quick snack.

I found my dad cooking. He rarely did that. Raising my eye brows I asked, “dad, you sure you know what you are doing?”

He smiled. “Just because I don’t usually cook doesn’t mean I can’t.”

“Ok doctor.” I said smiling. Half an hour later I was wishing that he could cook more often...the food was delicious. As we did the dishes together he finally asked. “So why were you at the hospital today?”

“I told the nurse not to tell you.” I complained.

“Honey, she was worried about you and she said you looked like you had seen a ghost.” He stopped what he was doing and faced me. “So you have something to tell me?”

I sighed. Well, I had to ask him but at the same time I did not want to tell him that there was like a very huge possibility that I was possibly mated to Preston...the next alpha. “Well... I kind of like have questions for you, dad.”