chapter eight

• Dedicated to Lyian Alexander

well everyone here's chapter eight..hope you love it...and don't forget to comment. looking for a new cover....

I should have never left him alone in my room...

That was the first thought that popped into my mind as I noticed him staring at the wolf intensively like he was a freaking scientist studying a specimen.

He would have noticed the wolf's eyes...and...

I cleared my throat. He turned to look at me intently, as if trying to answer the questions boarding in his mind at the moment. We stared at each other in silent for a few seconds before he asked in a low expectant voice. "You love wolves?"

Out of all questions I had envisioned him asking in the few seconds of silence we had shared, this was not one of them. I smiled. "What?"

"You love wolves?" he repeated again with a smirk on his lips.

My smile still plastered on my lips I replied the only truth I knew. "I love that wolf only...only that wolf."

"Why?"

"What do you want to know?"

"Curious"

"They say curiosity killed the cat..."

"They...whoever they were...didn't have....just answer my question Abby." He moved his hands into his pockets and leaned against the wall. He looked so handsome...so...

Oh my God Abby, get your mind working in the right order. "Is there a reason to why someone loves something or someone?"

"You don't love without a reason." He said oozing confidence all around.

"Whatever captain." I said. I walked to where my desk was and took my phone. "Let's go on whatever this is."

He only raised his eyebrows but did not move. "How come this wolf's eyes are hazel?"

Only he could ask such a question. Luckily I already thought of an answer to give him that would leave no suspicion on my part. "Haven't you ever heard of Photoshop, captain?" I chuckled from his expression. "What did you think it was? I loved this picture since I was five...my dad realized this and printed it and framed it, Simple as that...no other explanation. Now come on captain let's go wherever you are taking me."

Preston smiled...not his normal smile but that real smile I'm sure nobody has ever seen it on him. And all I had to say was that I wished he smiled like that all the time. His eyes kind of sparkled as he smiled and shook his head obviously seeing reason from a normal human's point of view (in this case it was my point of view).

I was human to him. (How come he didn't know I was half of what he was? Simple...my dad part of the family ensured that.) And in the light of that, there was simply no way I knew or had a picture of a real life werewolf in my room.

He followed me downstairs silent. I kept my mouth shut... I found my dad in the kitchen preparing a sandwich. He stopped as soon as he spotted us. He studied Preston for a second or two before I finally spoke. "Dad, we are leaving. See you."

"Aren't you going to introduce us Abigail?" he asked casually. Something told me he was up to something...I knew he knew who this was...he knew this was the next alpha. So why was he making me go through with this. Or did he find the situation crazy?

"Dad you opened the door for him."I complained while He only smiled. "Okay, dad this is my..." I swallowed the lump in my throat before continuing. "This is Preston. Preston huntsman." I looked at Preston who looked pretty comfortable. "Captain, this is my daddy."

"Captain," My dad raised a brow. "You call him captain?"

Preston took that opportunity to finally speak. "I insist she calls me by my given name but she refuses. And your daughter sir is extremely adamant."