chapter eleven

• Dedicated to Entesh Melaisho

wow..guys...so here's the next chapter..11...finally..i know...

For what seemed like years we just stood there, the tension was so great I could actually hear it screaming out loud like a mad person. Finally when I opened my eyes I saw him staring at me with an unreadable expression all over his handsome face.

My heart was still singing and dancing to a wild beat and if that don’t beat all I felt like time had stopped and it was only us in this playground.  “What?” I whisper may be I had heard badly. There were times of my life where I actually did that...Maybe this was one of those times I argued in my mind.

He raked his hair again, he added a curse this time as he did so but it was too low for even me to hear well. I just guessed it from his expression. “I meant we are friends...why would I lie to you?”

Yes he said that now...since he thought me to be just a normal human being and not a half werewolf with a father who carried his own mystical origins. He did not know I understood what he had meant the first time he spoke...

Oh heavens open up and take me in for refuge...fate was being too cruel.

Could he have had just a simple reason to just say that?

So I was his mate? Really? Oh hell...

“Abby?” he had leaned closer to me.

“What?” I snapped...

He was not surprised. “You look like you are in Narnia...”

I did not comment on that, I just pushed him away. Yes he was stronger than me but at this moment he let me push him as I walked away. I stopped midway intending to say something but the words wouldn’t come out. So I just continued walking...

The next period went on a haze...my mind kept on wondering back to that moment when he blurted those world’s that seemed to make me fall into a clear blue sky from a rocket. I knew I could reject him and that was my intention but then I also knew added to all that, that my love life would never be the same as it would have been with him. Yet I couldn’t just see myself with him. And not because he was Preston but mainly because he was a werewolf.

I had never envisioned myself with a werewolf and I couldn’t start now. It’s just that these creatures were just...I mean...They were...

Oh god...maybe this was just all a dream and in truth we had not even moved from our old place and I was still in suspension?

I shook that thought away as it seemed too incredulous to be true.

Peyton pinched me out of my stupor. “You know if I did not know better I’d say you are thinking of Preston.”

I sighed. If she only knew.... “But you know better.” I said trying my best to smile as I also grabbed my bag realizing class had really passed in a terrible haze, a fast one to say the least. She informed me that while I was in my fantasy world that we were all to be gathered in the gym for an important announcement after classes.

And as this was the last of my classes we started moving towards there. “There is new guy who came today. He’s super gorgeous you should see him in my chemistry class. Totally hot.” She said. I tried hard to follow but as you know my mind was having a discussion of its own.

“You should ask him out.” I said nonchalantly.

Her eyes grew bigger. “Wait till you see him first...he’s way too hot for me but...”

“But what? Sometimes you see something you want you go get it...run for, push and bribe everyone else in the line till your first on the list and then grab it. Isn’t that what you told me?” I spoke this time looking at her seriously.