epilogue

Epilogue

Years later...

The church was immaculately decorated and it went so well with the wedding theme. The white roses and red roses were positioned all around the place. Candles were lit everywhere marking themselves as our only source of light. A midnight wedding, there was just a touch about them that made me want to beam all the time.

This was going to be a night to remember, I thought to myself. I smiled at nobody in particular as I rubbed my hands together. For some reason I was nervous to be walking down the aisle to tonight. The first bridesmaid started making her journey towards the aisle and the second until it was my turn.

As I walked down the aisle I spotted the man I loved so dearly. Oh dear god in heaven and all his angels, I sighed remembering to take a step forward rather than stand and stare. I have a propensity to do that a lot these days.

Preston Huntsman looked spectacular and even more handsome in his custom made black and white tuxedo. His hair was all a picture perfect now but I was sure he would put his hand through it to give it a Preston look.

I smiled as our eyes met and locked everyone out but us. “You are the most beautiful creature in this room.” He said trough our eternal mind link connection.

“You don’t look so bad yourself.” I said taking another step forward.

“I look adorable right?” he asked like a little kid. Somehow that reminded me of how much I loved him. I loved him madly and over the years we had made memories to last with us a lifetime.

My eyes filled with tears all of a sudden overcome with emotion.

Don’t cry! Do not cry! I chanted in my mind.

I hoped I would not cry. It would ruin all the ‘just what the doctor ordered make up’ that Toni had used on me. She had referred it to that. Stupid hormones were driving me crazy.

I blinked fast enough to recover but my vision remained a bit blurry. “Are you okay honey?” Preston asked with concern.

I nodded and continued walking down the aisle towards where he was. This was one of those poignant moments in life where I just wanted to cry.

Oh shit I was going to cry!

Tears slowly fell on my cheeks.

Preston feeling more concerned walked towards me and came to stand by my side. Oh holy we were so ruining the wedding. “You sure you are okay, angel?” he asked me again.

“Yes I am.” I replied in a whisper. “It’s just that I am going crazy with all these hormones in me.”

He smiled and touched my belly which was protruding and telling the whole world how very pregnant I was. Three more weeks till mini Preston and I was to come to life.  “I love you.” He whispered and kissed my forehead and led me to the altar.

I looked at Nate who was smiling at me as if I had not just sort of ruined the entrance arrangement. I guess there was nothing that was going to make his smile go away; after all he was marrying the love of his life.

Standing now on the altar I watched as the bride walked in. She looked so beautiful. My eyes roamed back to Nate who was smiling like a man getting wedded. His twin, Preston who was next to him and also my mate was busy looking intently at me. “Stop staring at me Preston people will notice.” I said through his mind.

“My wife is the most beautiful person in the world and if my eyes are glued to her the whole time so be it.”

“I love you captain alpha.” I said as I vividly remembered my own wedding day. It was amongst the best days of my life. I could not say it was the best day because every day with my Preston was the best. He made me laugh, he made me happy, he made me crazy with excitement and he made me love him more every day.

If there was anyone in life who was as happy as I was right now I did not see because to me I was the happiest. He was the best of them all and I loved him dearly. In a few weeks our babies would be a part of our lives. And yes I was having twins! I knew he was going to make a great father like he was a great husband.

My reminiscences always took me to those first weeks I had met him back in high school and how I’d think that rejection would have done me good. What I had been thinking was foolish and I could admit that to anyone who wanted to hear. Now years later I knew that in accepting Preston and everything he had to offer I had found happiness so great it made me want to just holler it to the entire humankind.

“I love you too Abby” he said smiling at me.

My smile glued was glued to my lips. I stared at him one more time before I turned back to the main reason we were all here. Nate was still smiling at his bride who had just said ‘I do’ yet I could not help myself one more time as I turned to look at Preston.

Yeah I was extra crazy for my mate, the love of my life.