chapter twenty three

Chapter twenty three

Telling the truth is not the easiest thing to do especially when the truth could change everything in a second.

In one minute everything, every little detail could change forever.

And sometimes looking back at myself that day in Preston’s arms whispering those opening lines for an even bigger confession I wish I had not told him.

A small truth changes everything.

And as I stood there still in his arms I felt myself become tense, my heart accelerating even aster, my brain imagining all the possible ways he could react ,my eyes shut close And even a part of me wishing I had not told him.

It felt like it was forever when he finally responded to what I had just told him.

And when he did, it was nothing I had imagined.

Yes, I had pictured a lot of things but not what happened next.

He laughed.

He freaking laughed.

At first he moved just an inch further from me raised his eyebrows and stared at me for a few seconds before he laughed.

My heart did not slow down but confusion surrounded it in all its valves.

“Preston, I’m serious.”

His laugh slowly plummeted as he stared at me and it dawned on him that I might just be telling the truth. On his lips a faint smile remained but he stood there and if I was not watching him at the moment I would not have noticed his expression change for just the briefest of seconds before he covered it up.

He was so good at that.

Really good

With a smile that conflicted itself he said huskily. “What do you think I am Abby?”

“You…” I never finished the sentence as Alexander quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him.

It was the same time I heard a low deathly growl coming from Preston. Alexander stopped and looked at Preston. “No need to fight dude. I just want to talk with her.” He explained but I had a good feeling this was more than it seemed.

“Pick another time. We are talking.” Preston hissed.

Alexander shook his head. “Give us five minutes.”

I sharply turned to Alexander. “What the hell…what are you doing?”

He stared into my eyes. “Isn’t that the question I should be asking you cousin?” he said.

Cousin? Now he had to bring that up…

I glared at him. “You might be my cousin Alexander but I don’t know you and as far as I’m concerned you are not my friend.”

“I’m Toni’s boyfriend…shouldn’t that count?”

I shook my head. “If you want to talk to me I suggest you book your time a week earlier.” I turned away from him to face Preston again who so happened to be throwing daggers at Alexander.

As soon as I took one step towards Preston Alexander grabbed me and pulled me close to him and quickly asked in a whisper. “What the hell are you doing telling him the truth. It’s dangerous.” He said altogether in one sentence.

At the same moment as my eyes were focused on him Preston had also with haste moved towards Alexander and he was so close to him as he said with a death glare that could shame the devil’s. “If I were you I would leave now before I kill you.” He had used his alpha tone and if only Alexander did not have alpha blood in him then he would have felt it and even obeyed.