chapter twenty six

• Dedicated to Terry E Chambala

                                               Chapter twenty six

I’ve believed in a lot of things...in all my life.

And yes I believed in the famous slogan that stated a tooth for a tooth and well basically if a guy cheats on you, for revenge cutting his balls out was fair game still at one point I believed in letting go of the thirst for revenge.

That need for revenge if held on to was downright ugly and well my dad and I were smack in the middle of it all.

As soon as I saw my father’s expression I had known it had something to do with that old man...and well I was right. It so happened that man came to confront my father again and they had a super major argument which ended with my father threatening to kill him.

“Dad, are you okay?” I asked after he finished explaining.

He nodded. “Yeah I guess sweetheart. I just need a peaceful sleep’s night...then I will be okay.” He smiled but I knew the effort of that one smile on his lips after such an ordeal. I was daddy’s daughter.

After a few minutes of complete silence he spoke. “Abigail, I know that Preston is your mate and I want to ask you if you trust him.”

That question felt really weird coming from my dad. It’s not that I did not talk to my dad but this was just a whole new level of topics we did not talk about every day.

“Do you?” he asked again.

“Yeah dad I do.” I answered honestly...

“But you haven’t told him everything, have you?” he questioned. He seemed to know everything that was going on in my mind.

I nodded slightly feeling a bit embarrassed of this situation.

“Abby.” He started holding my hand and his eyes staring into mine. This was so serious. I could feel it in my blood. “You should tell him everything...he is your mate and trust me, your mate will know that you are the most important thing in his life. He will trust you just like your mother trusted me with her life even after she learned what I was...he won’t think the way your mother’s family did. He is your mate...yours.” he seemed to be lost in a memory for a second before springing back on earth.

“Somewhere in your hearts, the connection you two share ... the bond you two have is stronger than anything...”

“But...”

He cut me. “No buts....he will be on your side...”

‘What if his family will be just like mom’s dad? Huh? What will I do then?” I asked frantically. “I think it’s best if I just don’t tell him...it will be for the best?”

“What happens when he learns that secret from someone else? Abby, I’m your father and I have experienced what it is exactly that you are afraid to do...but trust me. You need to tell him. Please tell me you will.”

I nodded. No matter what I thought my father was still right. If Preston ever learned this from someone else well, I would have given reason for him to doubt me.

My mother’s family had believed that my father had cast a spell on my mother so that she would believe with all her might that he was his mate. It was the sole reason why they despised my father. Well at least some members of her family her sister included had not disliked him that much but still...

It was terrifying to think of the outcomes of telling Preston such a secret...

To think of the possibility of rejection...