Chapter 14: Trade Lives, Keep Love

Finally, the mission was almost over. One more Stone to retrieve, then all's wheel that ends well. Planet Vormir was a dark and dreary world compared to Morag. Jay and Nya were searching for the Soul Stone.

"Keep your eyes peeled, Ni Ni. We have to find the..." Nya looked at him a giggled, "that's cute." Jay blushed a little, and quickly looked away.

Clearing his throat, he said, "anyhoo. We gotta hurry."

The two Ninja scoured through the entire planet, but find anything. A few seconds before they were going to contact HQ, Nya called out to Jay, telling him that someone was standing at the edge of a cliff.

"*static* That's Red Skull. The guardian of the Soul Stone.", commented Niko.

"Copy.", once the two Ninja turned to find Red Skull, the being had disappeared.

"Are you the ones who seek the Soul Stone?", the cloaked figure asked in a raspy voice.

Jay yelped in fear, Nya turned around and got into a fighting stance, "we're not here to fight. We just want the Stone." Red Skull simply nodded, "I mean you no harm, young ones. Though, if it's the Stone you seek, you must sacrifice one you truly love. A Soul for a Soul."

Nya, Jay, everyone at HQ were driven into shock. Kai felt his blood boiling, "no. No! NO! Jay, I swear to God if you let my sister jump, I'll kill you!"

"N-Now, hold on a second, can't we just think this through? We need that Stone.", said Cole.

"What, are you suggesting we let one of them die?!", Kai screamed. A heart-wrenching argument turned into enraged screaming. Given how the universe has already suffered heavy losses, another one would make these young heroes bear heavy crosses. Although, making sacrifices for others was what being a hero was all about, everyone knows that...Right? Emotions can get in the way of one's resolve, but this wasn't what anyone had in mind. Retreat? Or retrieve? Retreat? Or retrieve? Stop the mission? Or keep going? So close, so close to finishing the mission.

Nya turned off her communicator and looked at Jay who was looking over the cliff. Jay turned off his communicator as well.

"You must decide amongst yourselves of whom will pay the ultimate sacrifice.", Red Skull stated.

Jay looked at Nya and sighed, "you know. A good guy should be prepared for this kind of stuff."

Nya chuckled softly, "not just any good guy in general, Jay."

Jay walked over to Nya and gently grabbed her hand. Nya tightened the grip, and she whispered, "I love you, Jay."

He smiled warmly, but was caught off guard with Nya pushing him to the ground. Just when Nya was about to leap off, Jay grabbed her leg and pulled he back, "it's better if I go. Kai would burn me alive if you didn't go home."

Nya looked at him with tears in her eyes, "I want both of us to go home, Jay. I really do."

She kicked him in the face, and bolted to the edge. With blood dripping from his nose, he stood up and ran towards Nya, and dragged her back.

"Fucking hell, I'm going out there.", growled Kai.

"You can't.", said Twilight, "the Pym Particles all ran out."

"Well, can't you make more?", "the original Pym Particles ran out, because we used them to make those capsules."

"FUCK!!!!!", Kai slammed in his fist into a wall, destroying it, "FUCKING HELL!!"

Meanwhile on Vormir, Jay and Nya were both exhausted from their little farce.

"So... what now?", Jay asked before he sees Nya walking towards the cliff, "w-wait... Nya... you don't have to... do this."

"Please, forgive me, Jay.", sniffled Nya. "Nya. Don't. Nya!" She jumped...

"NO! NYAAAA!", Jay scrambled onto his feet, his breath shaking, voice cracking, "Nya... no..." He then saw a small glow, he saw a small stone, this was it. The last Stone. Jay reluctantly grabbed it without saying a word, and went on his way back. 'Kai's gonna be so pissed.'