𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 -9-

INT. HELICARRIER BRIDGE LATER

Fury gathers Tony and Steve back into the briefing room everyone there has a look as if in a daze. A look of numb shock is shown on their devastated faces.

NICK FURY:
These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them.

Fury throws Coulson's Captain America trading cards on the table towards Steve. Steve picks them up, stained with blood.

"Oh wow that's just mean" muttered someone

NICK FURY:
We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming.

(A BEAT)

Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called THE AVENGERS INITIATIVE. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes. Tony gets up and walks off, not wanting to hear it anymore.

Some Purebloods scoffed at that while the light side looked a little uneasy.

This sounded a little to familiar to everyone in the room.

NICK FURY:
Well, it's an old fashioned notion.

EXT. MEADOW DAY

Thor walks out far into the meadow. He looks down. MJOLNIR.

INT. ABANDONED BUILDING DAY

Banner wakes up, in human form. He looks around and sees he is in a pile of rubble and looks up at the open ceiling he crashed in. and is completely naked. A security guard stands there, amazed.

SECURITY GUARD:
You fell out of the sky.

BANNER:
Did I hurt anybody?

Bruce looks a little red from being nude in front so many people. He was glad his junk was at least covered in every shot.

Remus looked at the screen with understanding. Waking up with no understanding of what happened the night before. So many morning waking up thinking he maybe hurt someone or worse.

SECURITY GUARD:
There's nobody around here to get hurt. You did scare the hell out of some pigeons though.

BANNER:
Lucky.

SECURITY GUARD:
Or just good aim. You were awake when you fell.

BANNER:
You saw?

SECURITY GUARD:
The whole thing, right through the ceiling. Big and green and buck ass nude. Here...

He throws Banner a pair of big pants. Banner pulls on his pants.

SECURITY GUARD:
I didn't think those would fit you until you shrunk down to a regular size fella.

BANNER:
Thank you.

A beat.

SECURITY GUARD:
Are you an alien?

BANNER:
What?

SECURITY GUARD:
From outer space, an alien?

BANNER:
No.

SECURITY GUARD:
Well then, son, you've got a condition.