𝘊𝘈𝘛𝘞𝘚 -4-

Pierce is holding another virtual meeting with the World Security Council

Alexander Pierce:
Nick Fury was murdered in cold blood. To any reasonable person, that would make him a martyr, not a traitor.

Councilman Rockwell:
You know what makes him a traitor? Hiring a mercenary to hijack his own ship.

Councilman Singh:
Nick Fury used your friendship to coerce this council into delaying Project Insight. A project he knew would expose his own illegal operations. At best, he lied to you. At worst...

Alexander Pierce:
Are you calling for my resignation? I've got a pen and paper right here.

Councilwoman Hawley:
That discussion can be tabled for a later time.

Alexander Pierce:
But you do want to have a discussion.

Councilman Rockwell:
We've already had it, Mr. Secretary.

This council moves to immediately reactivate Project Insight. If you want to say something snappy, now would be a good time.

Steve and Regulus go to the mall disguised as a civilian couple

"Cute disguised" Natahsa said, smirking knowing exactly what's about to go down. Steve looks down, not ready for everyone's reaction.

Regulus:
First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk.

Steve Rogers:
If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off.

They go to a Mac store to use one of their computers

Regulus:
The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are.

Steve Rogers:
How much time do we have?

Regulus:
Uh...about nine minutes from...

He pops the flash drive into a MacBook Pro

Regulus:
Now.

We see several SHIELD vehicles heading their way

Regulus:
Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands.

Steve Rogers:
Can you override it?

Regulus:
The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me.

Regulus:
Slightly.

Chuckles are heard. Good to know Regulus was still that cocky bitch.

Rumlow and his team pull up outside the mall and head inside. back at the Mac store, Steve and Regulus continue to try and find out what's on the flash drive

Regulus:
I'm gonna try running a tracer. This is a program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from.

Apple Employee:
Can I help you guys with anything?

Regulus:
Oh, no. My fiancé was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations.

Many people in the room froze at this. Same-sex marriages were not uncommon in the wizarding world, but it was widely known that Black families were mostly made up of men and women marriages, and the idea of a Black marrying a man was shocking.