three

-

-

MAX AND Y/N were walking in the hallway together, as they both held their skateboards.

max was still confused on what happened with will last night, and max was curious.

"i still don't get why they call will zombie boy." max commented. "i mean, i get it. will got lost in the woods for a week or something, but is he a zombie? because everyone thought he was dead?"

"yeah." y/n replies, simply to the ginger haired girl. "i mean, we had a funeral for him and everything."

"after a week?" max asked, confused.

"well, see, some other kid drowned at the quarry. we thought it was will, because the body was super decomposed." y/n explained to max.

"what?" max stops y/n, since max thought it was just some sick joke. "okay, that's not funny."

"it's not a joke, all right? you'd really think i'd be a dumbass to joke about this kind of shit, mayfield?" y/n tells max. "it's public knowledge. you can ask anybody. except will, because he is really sensitive about it." y/n warned her.

"okay.." max hesitantly agreed as she furrowed her brows.

y/n and max continued walking to their next class across the hallway.

-

"the case of phineas gage." mr. clarke explained in class. "a large iron rod was driven completely through his head. phineas miraculously survived. he seemed fine. and physically, yes, he was."

"although it wasn't-" mr. clarke continued explaining, until he got cut off by someone rushing through the doors.

"i am so sorry, mr clarke." dustin apologized, as he panted. "really, i'm so sorry. please continue with the class. don't mind me, reply continue, please. thanks."

dustin started settling down in his desk, and set his backpack on the floor, near his desk.

"-although it wasn't a crowbar, it was a rod, as i said." mr. clarke continued explaining.

y/n looked over to max, who was sitting at the desk next to her, seeing that max was focused on the lesson.

max caught y/n staring, which made y/n a little embarrassed, but max didn't mind, she just shot y/n a small smile, to which y/n smiled back.

dustin then turns to will, mike, and lucas.

"we have to meet. all of us. at lunch, av club." dustin whispers to them.