twenty two

-

-

three months later

Y/N WAS completely bummed out that will and el were moving.

this was her last day with them, before they moved.

everyone was currently in the byers' house, packing everything up.

max, y/n, lucas, and dustin were in the living room.

"look at what you see." y/n, lucas, and max sung in unison, teasing dustin with the song he sung to suzie. "in her face, the mirror of your dreams. rhymes that keep their secrets. will unfold beyond the clouds."

"wait, did we get that verse right?" max asks dustin. "it's 'unfold behind the clouds?'"

"yeah, but you're butchering it, so could you please stop?" dustin flatly asked them.

"so then join in, dusty-bun." lucas jokes with dustin.

lucas makes kissing noises, to tease dustin.

"yeah, come on, dusty-bun, why don't you join us?" y/n joined in.

"you guys are so funny, you should be on carson." dustin sarcastically says.

"can't we just hear your rendition?" max asks.

"no." dustin refuses.

"please? just one verse?" max begged.

"no! no way. it's reserved for suzie's ears and suzie's ears alone." dustin explained.

max turned to y/n, and y/n turned to max, both slightly smirking.

"turn around." max and y/n sung. "look at what you see. in their face the mirror of your dreams."

dustin waved around his middle finger at y/n and max, as lucas laughed.

"shut up you guys!" dustin harshly tells the two girls.

"rhymes that keep their secrets." y/n and max continued singing.

"stop! you guys, please, shut up." dustin repeats.

"will unfold behind the clouds." max and y/n still sung, ignoring dustin.

"shut up!" dustin tells them again.

-

everyone was out in front of the house, hugging each other.

el and y/n pulled away from their tight hug.

y/n looked over to will, who was sobbing uncontrollably.

y/n went over to will and pulled him into a tight hug, knowing she was going to miss him.

jonathan and nancy were putting away boxes in the back of the truck, since they were leaving soon.

will and el, along with jonathan and joyce started getting into the car, y/n feeling her eyes starting to water.

the car engine started, and they started driving away.

max was slightly behind y/n, as she grabbed onto y/n's arm.

mike looked like he was affected the most by this, his eyes watering, and him just watching the car drive further away.

later on, everyone got on their bikes, and started biking away from the house.

mike looked behind him, and took one last look at what was now previously the byers' house.

mike sighed, and he started biking home.

-

later that night, y/n and max were getting ready to go to sleep.

max was still feeling down about billy's death three months ago, affecting her so much.

max was wearing y/n's pajamas, since she forgot to bring some.

both of the girls went on the bed, and pulled the covers of them.

max started closing her eyes, trying to sleep. but she just felt empty.

"y/n?" max quietly called.

"yeah?" y/n sleepily responded.

"can you.. cuddle me?" max asked, unsure of what y/n's response was gonna be.

"of course." y/n replied.

y/n moved closer to max, and wrapped her arms around max.

max and y/n we're facing each other, almost going to sleep.

y/n and max shut their eyes, drifting off to sleep.

at least, y/n thought max was sleep, so y/n was sleep too.

but max was still awake, max opened her eyes to see y/n sound asleep in front of her.

"y/n?" max quietly said again.

no response from y/n, y/n was still sleeping.

"i love you." is all max said to y/n, before she shut her eyes again, and falling asleep.

-