eighteen

-

-

NANCY DROVE the kids to the hospital, with jonathan, and they walked into the hospital, hearing the front-desk lady talking on the phone, supposedly with her friend.

nancy tried to walk past her, with the group following behind her.

"whoa, whoa, whoa! excuse me!" the lady stops them. "where do you think you're going?"

all of them stop their tracks.

"oh, um.. i was just going to visit my grandma again." nancy replies, with an awkward smile. "and— and, this.. this is my family."

"extended." lucas adds with a smile.

"i don't care who they are." the lady tells nancy, a bit harsh too. "you know the rules. two visitors at a time."

"yeah, but-"

"two!"

nancy and jonathan decided for just them to go, since there could only be two at a time.

the rest of them started doing their own thing, and mike went up to the vending machine with y/n.

"oh, hey." mike said to y/n.

y/n glared over at mike, she then glared back over to the vending machine, and rolled her eyes.

"yeah, i kinda deserve that." mike admits. "listen, y/n, i'm sorry. i was being a jerk to you just because of el, and i shouldn't have."

y/n was immediately taken aback by mike's apology, he never really apologized, except to will sometimes.

y/n faced mike, she closed her eyes, and rolled her eyes again, then opened them.

"i'm sorry too." y/n admits. "i guess i have been kind of a jerk to you lately."

"i get it though." mike sympathizes. "but, i don't know, it just feels like sometimes i lost you. i miss my best friend, you know? i miss when we used to hang out."

"yeah, i understand." y/n crossed her arms. "it's just been hard for me lately. i guess i really haven't been the same since.."

mike nodded his head, knowing what she meant, she didn't even need to finish her sentence.

"here, i'll buy you something." mike offers, in an attempt to cheer up y/n a little.

mike inserted a coin in the vending machine, but it got stuck.

"oh, come on you piece of shit!" mike curses.

him and y/n start kicking the vending machine, repeatedly.

but suddenly, the vending machine had all the snacks coming down.

mike and y/n looked over to el, who was already staring at them, reading a magazine, with max and lucas across from her.

el wiped the blood off her nose, then looked back at her magazine.

"thanks." mike says to el.

el just looks up at him, nods her head, and looks back down at her magazine.

mike kept glancing over at el, as him and y/n squatted down to get the snacks that fell from the vending machine.

"i think that was it." y/n says to mike.

"that was what?" mike asks in confusion.

"the olive branch." y/n whispers to mike, hoping he would understand.

"the what?" mike asks as he furrowed his brows.

y/n furrowed his brows too, then turned to mike.

"oh my god." y/n says in disbelief. "you're hopeless."

y/n puts a hand on mike's shoulder. "okay, i'll distract max. get you an opening." y/n whispers. "then, talk to her. all right?"

-

max and y/n were giggling as y/n tossed a piece of candy.

max and y/n created this game where one of them tossed the candy, and the other person had to catch it in their mouth.

once max successfully caught the candy, she got so happy, she just ran up to y/n, and hugged her, so happy she had someone like y/n.

y/n was confused at first, but she hugged max back.

their moment, once again, was cut short.

the lights started to flicker. and they knew something was wrong

-

they went upstairs, to check on nancy and jonathan.

they went to the door, to see jonathan was trying to break in.

el broke open the door with her powers, and they all walked in, including jonathan.

there it was, the mind flayer, almost getting nancy.

but they stopped attacking nancy, once they laid eyes on el. then, creature shrieked at them.

"jesus!" mike says in shock.

"what the fu-" max adds.

max cut herself off, once the mind flayer shrieked again, and started coming at them.

el immediately held her hand out, and swung the mine flayer to the wall, with her powers.

then she swung the mind flayer to the other side of the wall, then on the roof, then back in the floor.

el took a quick pause, as she felt blood drip down her nose, and feeling herself draining.

el then used her powers to throw the mind flayer out of the window, with both of her arms stuck out.

"go!" el instructs everyone.

they start rushing downstairs, to see on the mind flayer.

they went out of the doors, and stopped when they saw the mind flayer, going into the vent in the street.

-