thirty five

-

-

Y/N WAS STILL SHAKEN UP, explaining everything to them the next morning.

max calling el, mike, and will. but nobody answered.

"he showed me things that haven't happened yet." y/n explained in a quiet voice, as max held her hand, and was rubbing y/n's hand with her thumb.

"the most awful things." y/n continued, still shaken up. "i saw a dark cloud spreading over hawkins. downtown on fire. dead soldiers. and this.. giant creature with a gaping mouth. and this creature wasn't alone. there were so many monsters. an army. and they were coming into hawkins. into our neighborhoods. our homes. and then.. he showed me my mom. and she.. she was.."

y/n began to tear up, and break down, still scared after what happened.

"okay, but.. he's just trying to scare you, y/n." steve reminds her. "right? i mean.. i mean, it's not real."

"not yet." y/n corrects. "but there.. there was something else. he showed me gates. four gates. spreading across hawkins. and these gates, they looked like the one outside of eddie's trailer but.. they didn't stop growing. and this wasn't the upside down hawkins. this was our hawkins. our home."

"four chimes." max realizes. "vecna's clock. it always chimes four times. four exactly."

"i heard them too." y/n says, relating.

"he's been telling us his plan this whole time." max tells them.

"four kills." lucas speaks. "four gates. end of the world."

"if that's true.." dustin begins. "he's only one kill away."

"oh, jesus christ." eddie mumbles in fear.

"try 'em again." steve instructs max referring to el, mike, and will.

max goes over to the phone, and dials the number. she tried calling them, but no answer.

"anything?" dustin asks.

"no." max frustratedly replies. "rang a few times and gave a busy signal."

el, however, just got into her void, and she was watching over them.

"maybe you punched it wrong." steve suggests. "try again."

"i didn't punch it in wrong." max argues.

"well, i don't know." steve admits.

"dude, i think she knows how to use a phone." dustin reminds steve.

"i'm just saying, she could've typed it in wrong." steve defends.

max called again, and the phone rang, but it gave another busy signal.

"same shit." max frustratedly says as she walks away from the phone.