sixteen

-

-

MAX WOKE UP in the morning to hearing lucas talk on the walkie.

she opened her eyes to see y/n sleeping peacefully in front of her.

max felt a smile forming on her face, as she saw y/n sleep.

but her staring was cut short, by her hearing lucas on her walkie.

"max, do you copy?" lucas says through the walkie. "this is a code red. i repeat, this is a code red. max, do you copy?"

max picks up the walkie and scoffs as el woke up.

"shut up!" max harshly tells lucas through the walkie, then switches it off.

max then tries going back to sleep, going back under the covers.

but then, a few seconds later, she hears her phone ring.

max scoffs and rolls her eyes, wanting to sleep longer.

"you've got to be shitting me." max angrily says, and then gets up.

"i'm sleeping. go away!" max frustratedly says into the phone, and was about to hang up.

"this is mike." mike says through the phone.

max stopped herself from hanging up, she knew it was serious, since mike never called her.

"do not hang up." mike adds. "something happened. something bad. our very lives can be at stake."

"what are you talking about?" max curiously asks.

"just come over to my house." mike tells her. "we'll explain everything."

"what?"

"hurry."

then mike hangs up the phone, and max confusedly looked at the phone, eager to know what was going on.

"what did he say?" y/n asks as she woke up.

-

"i didn't think it was anything at first." will explained. "i mean, i think i just didn't want to believe it. the first time i felt it was at day of the dead."

"power went out that night, too." mike adds.

"and then i felt it again at the field near the nelson farm the next day." will adds. "then again yesterday outside castle byers."