172

Chapter 172: Li An Stops Them From Divorcing

Piano could be heard coming from the piano room in the Mu residence at night.

Ever since the Metropolis University school anniversary, Mu Xiao became the talk of the town for performing Moonlight. Reporters kept reaching out to her, and the best music academies in the world invited her to join them.

Mu Xiao turned down most of the interview requests on the grounds that she was busy studying. She also turned down the music academy offers.

She did not feel confident about doing these interviews or attending the academies. After all, she genuinely did not know the composer of the song.

However, her rejection ended up winning her even more praise.

All the local and international news media outlets kept calling her a humble piano genius.

Ever since she received such attention, Li Ming started treating her more affectionately even though he was losing interest in her.

After all, every man wanted a trophy girlfriend.

Mu Xiao enjoyed the limelight in the day, but she became very flustered at night.

The moonlight was simply brilliant.

The more she came to know of the gulf that existed between her and the composer, the more she was afraid of letting everyone know the truth.

...

Mu Xiao came up with a plan as she looked out into the dark skies.

Instead of waiting for people to eventually find out she did not compose the piece, she decided to actively do something about it.

She had to find the original composer of this song and pay him off. If he did not cause a scene, no problems would happen to her.

Mu Xiao called a number. "Uncle, this is Xiaoxiao. I attended a piano lesson at the department of music on the 6th of this month and lost my necklace. Can you help me ask the school to show me the surveillance footage?"

Continue_reading_on MYB0 X N0VEL. COM

Everyone in the Mu family adored Mu Xiao, so no one said no to her requests.

After hanging up the phone, Mu Xiao held her phone tightly without a shred of gentleness in her eyes. Instead, there was a sinister look on her face.

——

Li An sat in the dining room first thing in the morning.

His eyes were swollen and he looked miserable. Li An refused to admit that he cried when Auntie Lin asked and insisted he was bitten by a mosquito.

Auntie Lin looked outside at the cold conditions and felt puzzled. Were mosquitoes so highly evolved that they were now able to withstand the cold climate?

Mu Sheng came downstairs. Li An held his bowl with this back facing Mu Sheng. He did not want her to see his swollen eyes.

Mu Sheng said nothing as the two of them had breakfast in almost complete silence.

After breakfast, Li An had to go to school. Before he left, he glanced at Mu Sheng. "Sis-in-Law, is my Big Brother coming home today?"

"Uh huh." Mu Sheng nodded. Li Hanchen mentioned yesterday that he would come home to get the divorce papers signed.

"I see." Li An lowered his head. "I'm off."

The moment Li An finished his sentence, he carried his backpack and left the living room.