189

Chapter 189: Hero to the Rescue

"Young Master Chu, Lanting Private Club's food is pretty good. Since you haven't been home for such a long time, you absolutely have to try their specials," said Li Ming enthusiastically as he walked beside Chu Xuan.

Even among high society, there was a hierarchy.

The Mu family used to be a powerful family, but those days were behind them, and they were now considered rich at best.

Despite being a part of high society, the Li family was considered new to this game.

Six families genuinely stood at the apex of power in the capital, and they were the Xiao, Chu, Jiang, Han, Ye, and Qin clans.

Chu Xuan was the Chu family's eldest grandson, so he was deemed the crown prince in high society.

Chu Xuan had spent so many years abroad that people barely heard about him all this time. Just as everyone was gradually forgetting him, he suddenly made a high-profile return.

Everyone in high society wanted the opportunity to throw a party to welcome back the Chu clan's crown prince. Li Ming had spent a lot of money bribing people with gifts before he finally managed to get in touch with Chu Xuan.

Chu Xuan acknowledged nonchalantly as he entered the club with the entourage.

He happened to see Mu Sheng standing nearby and promptly raised his brow.

He had encountered plenty of people in his life, but he had never seen a woman with such a powerful aura even though she was just standing there. It felt as though he was standing in front of a cold snowy mountain in her presence

Mu Sheng happened to be looking at Chu Xuan, but she calmly veered her eyes when he looked at her.

Chu Xuan felt surprised.

Please reading- on MYB0 X N O VEL. COM

Tang Tiantian's phone suddenly rang. Tang Tiantian answered the phone and exchanged a few words before she smiled at Mu Sheng. "Sheng, Director Wang says he has sent someone to bring us in."

The moment she finished her sentence, a tall lean man walked out of the club. "Are you Mu Sheng? Follow me. The director has been waiting for a long time."

Tang Tiantian sneered at the waiter, "How could you look down on us? See what I told you? I told you we were invited to come here!"

The waiter watched in shock as Tang Tiantian and Mu Sheng entered the club.

Chu Xuan and his party had also entered the club. Chu Xuan turned to look at Li Ming when he detected his sudden silence. He caught Li Ming staring fixedly at the young woman wearing a mask.

Chu Xuan raised his brow. "Is that someone you know?"

Li Ming snapped out of his daze and said uneasily, "Nope. Why would I know her?"

Chu Xuan looked at Li Ming as he contemplated but he did not continue probing.

Li Ming was puzzled. How could Mu Sheng afford to come here? What was she doing here? He heard them talking about meeting a director. Were they here to dine with investors?

No wonder Mu Sheng had such an attitude. From the looks of it, she had more than one man backing her. She was a devious fox with more than one backup plan.

Mu Sheng and Tang Tiantian followed the staff into Xiaoxiang Room.

The moment they entered the door, Tang Tiantian felt something was wrong and pulled Mu Sheng by the sleeve. "Sheng, don't you think this place is odd?"