Grieving/Rising Up

Huh?" Godzilla's eyes shot open when he heard a female voice, one he knew all too well.

"Goji?" It asked again.

"I miss her so much that I still hear her voice..."

"No! Goji, it's really me!"

"What? But how?"

"I forgot to mention something-All female Divine Moths lay eggs and they do it so when they die, they can be reborn in the egg."

"What?! Then why didn't you tell me about this?"

"I don't know...I just didn't think...it would come to this..."

"Well, when did you have time to lay an egg?"

"Right before I came to help you guys."

"How long will it take for it to hatch?"

"Hard to say, it can take from a few years to several thousand years."

"What?!" I can't wait that long to see you again!"

I know Goji, but there's no way to tell or speed up the process. It's a natural thing."

"I know but...I can't believe I lost you..."

"I know. It's really hard to lose someone that you love."

"Yeah, but, I promised that I would keep you safe. I lost everyone I ever loved..."

"I know, Goji, but it isn't your fault-"

"Yes, it is! I failed you like everyone else! My father would be so disappointed in me."

"Goji...I may have never met your father, but if he's like what you told me he is like, then I doubt it, Goji. No one has ever faced someone like Ghidorah. The very fact that you stood up to them and defeated them is something to be proud of."

"I may have won, but what I lost along the way makes it not worth it."

"But Godzilla...you haven't lost everything. You still have your kingdom and subjects."

"In this state, I doubt I can lead them...I just can't stop thinking about this...I love you, Mothra, and I won't be able to see you for a long time."

"I know, Godzilla..."

"And I lost Anguirus as well, my best friend. Practically my brother...and he is gone too."

"And unfortunately, he won't be coming back."

"I know..."

Years later...

Godzilla is still in his temple. Anguirus's corpse began to decay as his skin and flesh rotted away, leaving only his bones. Godzilla went into a depressed state because of the loss of Mothra. He could still speak with her telepathically, but Godzilla missed speaking to her in person and actually being able to see and touch her. Most Titans around the world began to become inactive and went to sleep in their homelands. Due to the sea levels rising, Godzilla's temple got flooded, and most of his followers were killed but a few managed to survive. Due to feeding on radiation a lot and inactivity, Godzilla began to grow weight and gain fat.

Godzilla was lying on the ground like he usually does when he heard Mothra's voice on his head. "Hey, Godzilla."

"hey, Mothra..."

"How have things been?"

"The same as always."

"Just the same as always. Lying around, thinking about what happened, and just...missing you."