Right Under his Feet

Only a week after Godzilla and Kong's conflict, things have again settled down. It's almost as if the world itself had to take a break after such a climactic battle.

Godzilla slept on the mountain of the island that he had discovered. It was the first time in a long time since he had gotten any decent rest. After snoozing for a bit, he let out a wide yawn as he slowly got up. He scanned the island landscape below him. But he wondered something. "What is the point of all of this, if it's just for me?"
This island that he found was enormous so much so that he had only been on a small fraction of it. Despite this, he sensed no other Titans on it besides himself. He looked down at the ground for a few seconds before it seemed that something flashed in his head. He looked into the sky and let out a mighty roar. After finishing, he headed down toward the shore. After a few minutes, all the Titans emerged from the water and approached him. The behemoth was the one to approach him the most and spoke.

"What is it, your majesty? Why have you called us here?

Godzilla cleared his throat and spoke. "Female and Male Titans, I am sure you all are exasperated at simply sleeping all the time." The Titans all nodded and began to congregate amongst themselves. "So..." He spoke loudly, gaining their attention again. "If you look around, you will notice this Island. It is a strange but beautiful land. I have never come across it before, but I want to say that it would be of utmost pleasure if you all would agree to live here. It's a paradise where we can live freely without concerns for humans." The Titans looked at the island and then at each other before cheering Godzilla smiled. "Now come and make yourselves at home."

The Titans all began entering the island, disappearing as they went further away to disperse. The only Titans who stayed behind were Behemoth, Methuselah, and a brown female reptile Titan.

"Much pleasures, sire, but there are some things of value that I must retrieve from my previous home. Saud the Behemoth

"Very well." Godzilla nodded with understatement as the behemoth went back from the way he came. Methuselah approached him next.

"Simply wonderful. Your father's ways have been passed on to you." Godzilla smiled warmly.

"Thank you. Methuselah."

"Oh, but I should be the one thanking you for such an exquisite offering." The mountainous Titan walked into the island as well. Lastly, the lizard Titan approached him.

"Hey, Godzilla "She fluttered her eyes at him.

"Is there something you seek?" He asked with a noticeable annoyance in his tone.

"Well, I have noticed that your queen is gone and so..." Godzilla's eyes twitched with a slight growl in his throat.
"I could be your new queen!" She cheerfully finished.

"NO!" He shouted with almost enough force to knock her down. "My beloved Mothra will return to me and even if she couldn't, I would not say yes to you. If couldn't be with her. I would rather be single forever because a life without her is no life at all."

"Clingy." She murmured. However, the monster king's ears were more perceptive than she believed.

"Perhaps, but do you know why? Because she is the last glimmer of hope that he has in this cruel world. The thing that keeps me going, what makes me live on, what I look forward to, something you clearly do not understand." The lizard Titan simply huffed and ran off. Godzilla sighed and looked back at the island before heading toward his home in the mountain.

A few hours later, he woke up from another nap. The sun was setting as the night approached. From his great vantage point, he could see below many Titans had already settled into several places throughout the island. When looking at all the Titans, his mind turned to one in particular: Kong. It had been a while since their conflict and eventual alignment but neither had seen each other. Godzilla was already aware that Kong was not on Skull Island, so where was he? He had discovered that the ape was no threat to the planet or his throne, so he didn't want to hunt him down but rather wanted to know who he was. But the problem was that he didn't know where he was. Not since their fight against Mechagodzilla had they crossed paths again and it was very strange. Godzilla could not sense Kong's presence anywhere on the planet. But there might be someone who could help...