Cleansing Of The Mind

Anguirus glared at the trio of Godzilla, Mothra, and Barb, but he was most focused on Godzilla. "Anguirus, Please. It does not have to be this way. You may not remember it, but you were my friend."

"I only remember you as my enemy!" He rolled into a ball and clobbered into him. Godzilla fell and Anguirus continued to plow at him repeatedly. Anguirus kept at it; essentially bouncing into him like a basketball. Until Barb tackled him out of the air. They both collapsed to the ground with Barb in immense pain from jumping into a fast-moving ball of spikes. As Anguirus tried to get up, Godzilla snuck up on him and grabbed him by the neck as he pinning him to the ground. Godzilla stood on his chest and tried to keep him steady. But Anguirus reacted with a loud sonic roar. It echoed through the cave and made Godzilla's ears bleed. Godzilla screeched as he was forced to take his foot off Anguirus who clubbed him with his tail. Anguirus then pounced on the disoriented Godzilla and bit his neck. Godzilla screeched again as he had been hit at his weak point and he kicked on instinct. Anguirus was kicked back as the two faced one another again. "Even now I cannot hate you. Only pity."

"The only thing I feel for you is a longing for your death!"

Mothra had noticed that some rocks from the cave fell and collapsed during Anguirus' roar. One of the rocks that fell exposed a section of the cave. Curiosity took over and she inspected it to find a glowing object hidden within. "The Maindo Stone..." Mothra was in awe of it. This was it: the thing that was controlling Anguirus and the key to freeing him. She could only wonder who would be wicked enough to do such a thing. Mothra couldn't help but stare at it. The eye and the golden line that ran on its surface seemed tempting to her for some reason. But all it took was hearing the battle benign her to realize the damage this stone could do. She shot her antenna beams at it, but as soon as the beams made contact with the stone, a loud sound emitted from the stone as it glowed gold. At the same time, Anguirus' eyes glowed the same color and he turned to face Mothra. Anguirus roared again and charged at her. Godzilla grappled with Anguirus and tried to hold him back, but Anguirus escaped by turning into a ball and rolling away while damaging Godzilla with his spikes. The ankylosaur was about to pounce on Mothra when a blue figure tacked him. It was Bunyip. Despite being in very bad condition as he had been tussling with Anguirus just a minute ago, he was up at it again.

Bunyip tried to pin him down, but he wasn't strong enough and Anguirus grabbed him by the snout and threw him down. Anguirus got up and tossed Bunyip across the cave. He fell several meters away; more hurt than ever. He tried to get up, but Barb stopped him.

"Stand down. You are too weak to fight." She said.

"No, I'm not!" He once again tried but fell back down. "Alright, so maybe I am...but you better not try to kill me! I know you filthy bastard Mutos play dirty tricks on their victims, and frankly, I've already had too many tricks these days!"

"I'm not here to hurt you. My past is behind me and my only enemy is him." She pointed at Anguirus.

"What an interesting Shelia..." Said Bunyip as he stared at Barb. The idea of a nice Muto sounded as probable as the sun disappearing, and yet it was right here.

Anguirus tried to attack Mothra, but she flew higher until the roof of the cave stopped her. Still, Anguirus tried and rolled into a ball to try and hit her, but she dodged it and Anguirus struck the roof of the cave. Several rocks began falling and Anguirus wasn't quick enough to react in time and they fell right on him. The rock pile just sat there; motionless. Mothra was now hovering a few feet from the ground as Godzilla, Bunyip, and Barb approached the rocks. They stared at it for a few seconds.

"Is he okay?" Asked Bunyip.

"I'm not sure..." Replied Mothra as her blue eyes stared intently into the pile.