Old Frenemy

(So first I wanna say that I've notice that you guys like the story, but you haven't been voting much, so remember to do so if you like a chapter. Anyways, to the story)

"Uhh...i-it's...you...!" Even in the low light, Godzilla could make out the unmistakable face of his former best friend.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Godzilla felt half confused and half heartbroken. How did Anguirus not recognize him? He'd be pretty hard to forget. But the more obvious question crept into his mind.

"How are you alive?" Anguirus simply looked at him with a raised eyebrow before he frowned. He roared and suddenly rolled into his signature spiky ball. He started rolling towards him. Godzilla couldn't do anything about it as he was too flabbergasted and the distance between them was short. Anguirus clashed right into Godzilla's chest. The large spikes covering his carapace scraped against him. The monster king fell back again. Anguirus started approaching him while growling. Before he could reach him, a red blur came in. Rodan flew and kicked Anguirus across the face. The spiky Titan stumbled back and recoiled away. Rodan landed next to Godzilla to face the enemy. But Anguirus took one glance at both of them. He then heard a whisper inside his head. "Retreat." and looked down at the ground, he then began digging and disappeared into a hole.

"No! Angurius! Come back!" He called out or rather cried out as he sounded legitimately sad and desperate. He peered down at it but he knew he could not navigate it and find his friends.

"Wait...doesn't that guy look a bit familiar...?" Rodan rubbed his claw on his chin as he could swear he had seen that Titan before.

"He's more than 'familiar', he's...was my best friend!"

"Oh, I remember that guy!... What happened to him?"

"He was killed by Ghidorah years ago."

"But...how is he still alive?"

"I do not know, but what I DO know is that I need to get him back."

"Are you sure it's not just another guy of the same species?"

"No...he is unmistakable."

"Then why did he attack you?"

"I...I do not know..."

"Then what DO you know?" Rodan asked sarcastically.

Godzilla turned to face him. And the face he gave indicated to Rodan that he shouldn't speak like that to him. "I Know someone who can help."

Meanwhile...
Anguirus emerged into a carve that was rather wide and open. At the very center was a glowing, floating object. He approached it. "That Gojira...why does he seem familiar?"

"Because he is your target." A strange voice responded.

"But...I recall...friendlier memories..."

"He. Is. Your. Target. Do not think about it anymore." The voice repeated.

Anguirus turned around and from the glowing object, a second cloak; identical to the first, floated out from it. It enveloped itself on Anguirus again and covered the same as the previous one. Once he was wearing it, Anguirus walked out from the cave and looked out at the sea which wasn't that far away. He walked to it and submerged halfway into it. "Is this...my purpose?"

Godzilla was swimming back to the island while Rodan flew above him. Then they saw him. "Anguirus!" He called. Anguirus turned to look at the duo and barred his teeth and then swam away in another direction at immense speed. "Anguirus! Friend!" Godzilla swam after him. He has always known Anguirus to be a powerful and fast swimmer and in the past, that came off as a good thing. The pair would routinely patrol the world in a hunt for Mutos or other threats. They also had to swim a lot across the seven seas and it gave both of them a good opportunity to exercise their swimming skills. But now it was working against him. He felt both proud and annoyed at this. Godzilla tried to follow and Rodan did too, but Anguirus dived into the water, and from that point on, it was a lost cause. Godzilla relied on his ability to sense other Titan's presence but he couldn't with Anguirus. Rodan was closing in on him before he dived and he probably would have kept going if it wasn't for a fear of his.