4 ❤︎ 4

"The countdown will start soon," you say to (I/c) as the two of you watch your friends and their partners hold each other close, waiting for the ball to drop.

The new year was only a minute away and even though you didn't have a partner to celebrate it with, at least you were surrounded by the people you love dearly. You were standing atop the building of your apartment, getting to celebrate the new year under the stars and having the chance to watch the ball drop in real time.

"Do you plan on kissing anyone this year?" (I/c) asks, sipping at their drink and looking at you with curious eyes. You give them a simple shrug and lean against the concrete wall. "I've thought about it, but doesn't mean I'll do it."

They give you an understanding nod. "What about you?" You flip the question back on them and they grin with a happy nod. "I've thought about it too AND I might just do it." The small ping of jealously towards the person that caught (I/c) attention rushes through you lightly.

"TEN!"

"NINE!"

"Oh yeah? And who would be lucky enough?"

"EIGHT!"

"SEVEN!"

"SIX!"

"FIVE!" (I/c) walks a little closer to you after sitting their drink on the wall. Your eyes widen when the realization hits and they take your hands in theirs.

"FOUR!"

"May I kiss you?" Your face slightly warms and you can't help the small smile that tugs on your lips.

"THREE!" They seem wait patiently for your answer.

"TWO!" "Yes," you whisper with a nod and they pull you in a warm embrace.

"ONE!" "Perfect."

When the clock strikes midnight and with the ball dropping behind you, (I/c) presses their lips against yours and you can't help but melt.