8 ❤︎ 8

"It's raining again," you say, sighing. You stand with your arms crossed by the large window of the sliding glass door in your living room. It's been three days and the weather has yet to clear up. "I'm getting sick of it. I want to go out and do something."

(I/c) looks up from their phone and notices your displeasure. "What would you like to do?" They sit their phone beside them and stand from the couch. "I'm sure we can go out and find something to do?"

They walk up by your side and wrap an arm around your waist, watching the rain hit the pavement and grass of the backyard with you. Depending on who you were, the sight was either depressing or joyful.

You watch their face in the reflection of the window change as they get an idea.

They rush to grab their phone and start tapping at the screen. The home speakers let out the familiar connecting noise, causing you to tilt your head and look at them.

A few more taps and one of your favorite song is playing. A smile tugs at the corners of your lips. You haven't listened to this one in particular in quite a while and it was good to hear it again.

"What's this?" You ask as (I/c) grabs your hand, and pulls open the door. They kick their house shoes off before stepping outside and you follow along with the movement.

"Well, we might as well enjoy the rain while it's here, let's dance in it."