-Rainy Days-

So, this one doesn't have a specific like, theme to it, all ik is it's not smut. So, ig this is just me going into some sort of projection onto Karl? Idk, but yea. Enjoy ig. It's kinda Karlwastaken to Karlnap too

TW: mentions of sh, mentions of harassment
CW: loving praise (non sexual), cuddling, babying (treating the other as tho they can't do things on their own, in this case after a traumatic event)
---------------------------------

It's not fair. It was never fair. Karl longed for the attention of his partner. He did everything he could. He tried to be absolutely perfect. But it was never enough. Dream never really gave Karl the time of day. He would be cute and lovey sometimes, other times he'd be down right cruel and mean.

It was upsetting to deal with. But Karl felt he'd never find anyone better. He felt no one else would want him and all his broken pieces.

But he was wrong. He just never realized it til it was almost to late.

~~~

Karl sat at a table in the corner in his favorite café trying to get some of his college work done. He was so stressed out and overwhelmed it was exhausting. But the calming atmosphere in the small café helped Karl calm his nerves.

He was waiting on his drink, minding his own business when a woman, who was a bit taller, and maybe a year or so older than Karl approached him.

"Hey there cutie~" the woman said with a smirk, sitting across from the male.

"H-Hi?" Karl mumbled, already feeling uncomfortable and awkward.

"What's a cute one like you doing here all by yourself?" She asked, leaning on the table so her chest was pressed up.

Karl tried to stay calm and ignore the woman's advances, going back to his work. But the woman wasn't having it.

"I asked you a question darling." She said, a bit of a stern tone.

"J-Just doing college work. N-Needed some me time." He explained, hoping the answer was enough to make her leave. But to no avail.

"Oh poor baby. All stressed over school. Why don't you can back to my house, I can relieve some of that stress~" She said with a wink.

Karl shook his head and politely declined her offer, earning a scoff. The woman stood and walked out of the café. Kar finally let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Karl." He knew that voice. Almost to well.

"Y-Yes Dream?" He replied, looking up at the blonde.

"What was she doing at your table? Do you know her?" He asked, sitting down.

"I h-have no idea who she is. I was j-just waiting for my drink and she came and sat down. S-She kept flirting with me and offered to t-take me to her house. It was so uncomfortable and awkward." Karl explained, afraid he'd be blamed for the woman's advances.

"Oh I'm sorry baby, I bet that was uncomfortable." Dream said softly, caressing Karl's cheek softly.

Karl nodded and leaned into the touch. He was pleasantly surprised by the tender affection from his boyfriend.

"Here you are sir. Have a great rest of your day." The waiter said as he set Karl's drink down.

Karl mumbled a thank you and took a sip of the cold drink. It was exactly what he needed right now.

"You wanna head home baby?" Dream asked, resting a thigh softly on Karl's thigh.

"Yes please." Karl said with a smile.