-Apple Juice-

Ok, so this one is mostly angst with a little fluff in the middle, then the end is happy.

This is also kinda ig a Backstory to little Karl bc I said so and I felt like it. Prepare to cry.

TW: little abandonment
CW: cuddling
-------------------------------

Karl sat on the floor in front of the TV, giggling at the cartoons playing. He sat with his blanket, his comfort stuffie, his paci, a snack of pretzels, and a sippy cup full of Apple juice. He'd been sitting home by himself for a few hours now.

He missed his caregiver. Karl longed for attention and to be cuddled. He wanted someone to color with him and play games with him. He didn't want to be alone anymore.

As though his pleads we're answered, as his lover opened the door. Karl whipped around and smiled seeing the hispanic male walk in.

"Ducky!" Karl squealed happily, scrambling to get up and go over to him.

Alex sighed and rolled his eyes, opening his arms for a hug.

"Hi tiny." He mumbled, pulling away from the brunette.

Karl looked up to him, hurt covering his features. He never got pushed away or heard him speak so harshly to him. Karl's eyes pricked with tears.

"Why are you crying?" Alex snapped, placing his jacket in the coat rack.

"D-Did I do somfing wong Ducky?" Karl whispered, gripping his sleeves tightly.

"No. Now go watch your dumbass cartoons before I turn them off." Alex seethed, walking past the brunette to his room.

Karl let tears fall as he watched the ravenette walk away, and flinched as the door was slammed shut. He must've done something wrong to be getting this treatment. But he had barely moved all day. He even left the other alone as to not annoy him.

Karl padded back to the living room, sinking down to the floor as he held back his loud sobs that wished to escape his throat. He reached to pick up his phone, opening it. He was slowly degressing, the overwhelming feeling of sadness being to much for his smaller counter part.

He clicked on Snapchat, scrolling down to Sapnap's contact. He sniffled and began to write out a message.

Me: hey Sap, uhm, do you think you could come over? Alex is home btw

He watched the small dots instantly appear, then disappear. They continued like that for a solid two minutes.

🧡Sappitus Nappitus🧡: ofc! But tell him I'm omw, I don't need him freaking out at me again.

Me: wdym again?

🧡Sappitus Nappitus🧡: last time I came over and you didn't tell him, when I got home and looked at my phone he was bitching at me for just showing up unannounced and shit.

Me: oh, I'm sorry Sap..I'll make sure to tell him.

🧡Sappitus Nappitus🧡: k, omw, see you soon

Karl sighed. As he stood he looked to the ground to see what surrounded his feet. Karl sadly smiled and kicked it to the side with his foot. He made his way to the bedroom door, but stopped short when he heard Alex talking on the other side.

"No Schlatt, like you don't get it. He's been like regressed for like three days straight. I'm getting so sick and tired of him! Like, I don't like kids in general how am I supposed to like taking care of a 24 year old acting like he's three!" Alex groaned.