Two all-nighters (Scarian)

AWWWWWW
*unholy squeal*
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH ITS SO CUTE IM DYINGGGG 😭😭
This is just a Drabble bc I'm currently focused on my Evil X book and my Wenclair book rn so yeah but y'all can have this to hold you over
____________________

Scar showed up at Grian's door at 4:35 AM to ask for any extra moss blocks he might have. Needless to say, Grian was confused and drowsy. His wings were fluffed up and his hair was a mess, and he only had one sock on.

"Scar why the hell are you awake right now?" Grian asked, Scar noticed the sleepiness in his voice. "Oh, I'm sorry for waking you Grian! I didn't even realize it was this time already!"

"What?" Grian mumbled. "I've been nonstop working for like... maybe.. 40 hours? I don't know for sure but I've definitely had way too much coffee." Scar exclaims. His voice sounded way too enthusiastic, and Grian knew that that usually means he's really tired. "You mean to tell me you haven't slept at all in two days?" Grian snaps.

"I mean.. yeah." Scar mumbled in response. "And I thought you had the most normal sleep schedule on this server... anyways come on in, I'll find some moss"

He lets Scar in the room and tells him to wait on the couch while he looks for some moss in his chest monster.

Grian had dealt with Scar staying up a little too late before, but never this long. Usually Grian would just sit on the couch with him and eventually he would fall asleep. So, Grian does what he always does for his friend's sake. He waits a few minutes and comes back into the room and tells Scar, "hey sorry I couldn't find any. I might have some In the entity or something but not with me right now.

"Mh tha's okay" Scar replies, he is trying to stay awake— Grian can tell— but his voice is slurred and his eyes are nearly closed. Grian goes to sit next to him, and like always, wraps his arm around Scar's shoulders and spreads his wings around him too. "Scar do you want to take a quick break?" He asks calmly.

"No, no! I uhm.. I have to finish terraformin'" scar mumbles.

"Hm okay.." Grian says as he relaxes on the couch and gently pushes Scar's head onto his shoulder and rubs small circles on his back. "Gri..?"
"Yes, Scar?"
"Oh not... nothing"

Grian looks down at Scar, who had just drifted off to sleep. Grian smiles to himself, 'works every time' he thinks.

He picks up Scar and takes him to the guest bedroom and gets in next to him. Grian found out a long time ago that unless he stayed with Scar on nights like these, Scar would wake up with a nightmare and not sleep again for days.

It was an odd sort of curse the terraformer had, but every night that he had a nightmare he'd come to Grian and feel better.

_____________________

Scar woke up to someone cuddling him, and he instantly realized it was Grian for two reasons. One, Grian is almost always there for scar when he needs sleeps, and two, he could feel Grian's wings around him and his face pressed into his neck.

Scar turns red as he thinks to himself, 'dang it, it happened again.'

Still half asleep and quite frankly embarrassed, Scar lifts up his hand to tap Grian on the head. Grian hums in response, his voice low and tired-sounding. "G, i gotta go finish terraforming." Scar explains in hopes that that will help his case. "No, rest, now." Grian commands. There is reasoning behind it, it's not only the fact that Grian likes scar's company... okay maybe he does but it's also because he knows it will be good for scar to get some rest.

And so, after some time, Scar drifts back to sleep in the arms of the one person he trusts more than anyone else.