PROLOGUE

"I heard that the famous gangs, Toman and Black Dragon fought a church during Christmas. Would you believe that? In a church, you know?"

"Yeah! It sounds unbelievable but some people had witnessed how the vice president of toman had taken down hundreds of Black Dragon's members all by himself!"

"That's so scary.."

"That's what I've heard during school." I tilted my head to the side and let out an awkward chuckle.

"ーRumors, huh? Seems like your school's buzzing than usual." My childhood friend beside me proudly commented on my statement. Draken shoved his hands inside his pockets and kept his head high like usual, knowing that the topic was about him defeating many enemies by himself and that his gang had taken down the infamous gang, Black Dragon.

"It's all thanks to Takemitchy, to be honest. If he didn't stand up against Taiju that bravely despite him already having serious injuries, Toman could've possibly ended that day. But he didn't show the king of violence any signs of giving up." he chuckled.

"--And besides that, Kisaki was fired from his place as the third division captain, along with Hanma. After that, those guys from Black Dragon joined Toman, and are now a part of the first division. Especially those two, Kokonoi Hajime and Seishu Inui."

Familiar.

Painfully familiar.

"I'm kind of relieved now that Kisaki and Hanma are out of the gang. He did show me his nice demeanor, still, I couldn't convince myself that they truly are."

With my statement, I'm sure he already knows what I'm trying to say. That I don't trust Kisaki. And I know that he does not too.

Draken only shrugged and mumbled welp, they're gone now so and continued walking. We are currently heading to a park. He said Mikey will be waiting there with the others, probably hanging out after the disastrous happening during Christmas.

"So, what about those two newbies you mentioned earlier?" I then proceeded to ask. The tall male then hummed hm? before answering.

"Ah, those two. Kokonoi and Inui, they're childhood friends. At least that's what I heard. They're surprisingly obedient. Like literally, they obeyed properly right after they joined Toman. Like kids obeying their parents for a piece of candy." Draken scratched his cheeks and turned to me, "Don't you go to the same school as them?"

"I do?!" Holy, what.

"You don't?"

Then there was a moment of silence.

I placed a finger on my chin as I try to think, I am not sure if I've seen them around the school campus, besides, I'm still a freshman.

"How old are they?" I asked.

"Probably older than you by a year or two. Dunno, you'll meet them soon anyway. Ask them." he shrugged as if it's not his problem. It indeed is not his problem but,

-- show some concern Ryuguji, I'm your friend!

"This is why Emma thinks you dislike her..." I mumbled, knitting my eyebrows together as I shoot my vision at the ground, jerk.