𝐯

CHAPTER 5

"Inupi."

"Hm?"

"(Name) didn't come to school today and guess what?" Kokonoi grinned at his friend while sticking his tongue out.

"What?"

"I got scolded because I didn't do the old hag's homework. (Name) wasn't there to let me copy like yesterday." he sighed.

"You copy?" Inui faintly chuckled.

"What else am I going to do? Plus, she's smart so, it's worth it."

The two childhood friends calmly walked their way down the street and walked passed plenty of shops. Their lunch break was about to be finished, but as usual, they'll skip afternoon classes as they always do.

Since Kokonoi had always observed you, you being absent today was somewhat new for him. New indeed but he chose not to pay any heed.

You were mysterious and weird to him. You always were. No one can change his mind.

After walking a few more steps, Kokonoi abruptly stooped his tracks right in front of a bakery. Elegant-looking cakes were displayed right in front of the glass pane, and flowers were displayed neatly.

"Don't tell me you're planning to buy one," Inui also stopped his tracks as he approached his friends who seemed confused while staring through the window. But Kokonoi wasn't looking at the cakes.

"Ain't that (name)?" The black haired pointed at a familiar feminine figure that was standing beside two guys. And those guys were beyond familiar with Kokonoi's eyes,

"She skips?"

"No, no, no, no. Look Inupi"

he's sure Inui knows those guys too.

It was indeed you,
But with your stepbrothers. They have no clue you're stepsiblings.
It shocked them to the core.

"The Haitani... Brothers." Inui muttered, covering half of his face with his hands as his eyes examined the three of you. Your voices were muffled due to the distance, but they could hear laughs from the two.

After minutes of observation, Ran and Rindou went to look for other cakes while you stood near the counter with your arms crossed as you wait. Kokonoi and Inui took this chance to enter and approach you.

"(Name)?" Koko whispered shouted.

Their sudden appearance startled you, making you jump from your place and make a loud shuffling sound.

"Kokonoi, Inui- what are you two-..." Before you could finish your words, you pushed the two away and exited the bakery.

"Aren't you supposed to be at school?" You asked, consciously glancing back and forth at the older and younger Haitani, and the two in front of you.

"Aren't you supposed to be as well?" Kokonoi rolled his eyes at you, "The teacher scolded me because I didn't do my homework. You were the only one who would let me a copy."

"You could've asked me before skipping school yesterday."

"Calm down you two." Inui then shushed the both of you. He then faced you, "Are you with them? Those two?" He used his head and tilted it to gesture at your stepbrothers.